MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blawan - Nutrition
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Blawan - Nutrition
Throwgnilli
Now then lads and ladies!

I see no one seems to be talking about this album at all on here (Blawan - Nutrition).
I’ll start us off we're not worthy

What a release!

As we’re in the production techniques section what would you gus say he did to get that baseline on Atlas? It doesn’t sound like the usual kick-reverb, distort, low pass trick.
PhineasFreak
pretty certain you're right about the bassline - tho adding predelay to the verb to get that oom-woomph pumping effect is what does the magic...
Hazium
Throwgnilli wrote:

I see no one seems to be talking about this album at all on here (Blawan - Nutrition).

What a release!

As we’re in the production techniques section what would you gus say he did to get that baseline on Atlas? It doesn’t sound like the usual kick-reverb, distort, low pass trick.

What is this kick-reverb, distort, low pass trick you speak of?
Throwgnilli
Hazium wrote:
Throwgnilli wrote:

What a release!

It's the way to get an industrial techno "sucking" effect atmospheric "bassline"...words always fall short in describing music d'oh!

I just don't think it can be used for the results heard in the track below. The bassline seems too powerful Dead Banana

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-QDs1HKJ8[/video]
Raven_Martin
Throwgnilli wrote:
Hazium wrote:
Throwgnilli wrote:

What a release!

It's the way to get an industrial techno "sucking" effect atmospheric "bassline"...words always fall short in describing music d'oh!

I just don't think it can be used for the results heard in the track below. The bassline seems too powerful Dead Banana

I'd be interested to hear more about his technique too.

So you put a sizeable reverb on your kick, with a decent pre-delay. Then distort it and put it through a low pass filter? Any further elaboration would be greatly appreciated, cheers!
Throwgnilli
Raven_Martin wrote:
Throwgnilli wrote:
Hazium wrote:
Throwgnilli wrote:

What a release!

I'd be interested to hear more about his technique too.

So you put a sizeable reverb on your kick, with a decent pre-delay. Then distort it and put it through a low pass filter? Any further elaboration would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

So one method is to do it live and side-chain the effects chain or sample said reverb tail, reversing the sample works as well.

I just don't think that's what he does in Atlas!
PhineasFreak
Throwgnilli wrote:
...I just don't think it can be used for the results heard in the track below. The bassline seems too powerful Dead Banana

that's what the distortion before the lpf is for
shroom81
You can pretty much use anything to make sub rumble like that. Field recordings, reverb, toms, synths, ass spanking etc.. Mr. Green
Throwgnilli
Shroom 81 & Phineasfreak, Do you think you can do that using a Eurorack without re-sampling?
shroom81
Throwgnilli wrote:
Shroom 81 & Phineasfreak, Do you think you can do that using a Eurorack without re-sampling?

Sure that should be possible, try creating a Tom sequenced on every beat and lowpass the hell out of it. A lowpassed drone could also do the job, if you got a Reverb module it's a piece of cake to create rumble bass.
tross
I more like the sonority of a kick drum in this track. Any ideas on how to make it?
PhineasFreak
tross wrote:
I more like the sonority of a kick drum in this track. Any ideas on how to make it?

pitch down and lpf an actual kickdrum samplle perhaps?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1