MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Analog Four MKII
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Analog Four MKII
shanebroderick
Just wondering if anyone on here has had a chance to play with the the new A4 MKII?
I enjoyed the old version but sold it due to the cramped interface / small screen / menu diving etc.
I'm interested in using this as a main sequencer to my small 6u eurorack.
From the demo's it seems the sound has really improved as well as the interface and I/O's.
Has anyone picked this up? Thoughts on sound quality, improved workflow and as a CV Sequencer?
RhythmDroid
The sequencer is the same as the MKI, so if you are ok with that workflow, then great. It has a lot of sequencing power under the hood.

Sound: yes, definite improvement, more bite and more bass
Feel: also much easier to use and navigate, buttons feel great, screen looks great...honestly, it feels like a different instrument to me.
brandnewmath
Got to play with one at Switched On for about half an hour last week. Have to say the sound of the original never really grabbed me, but the new one sounds wonderful and I really want one. I'm a fan of the interface redesign in the MKIIs as well.
Luap
Im yet to hear any demos of the MKII that sound radically different to the MKI?
Indeed some youtubers pointed out already that the the main differences to the synth itself were a new number 2 filter, and different distortion circuit.
So im not surprised it didn't sound that different to me.
Supposedly they are also patch compatible with each other too?
heckadecimal69
Luap wrote:
Im yet to hear any demos of the MKII that sound radically different to the MKI?
Indeed some youtubers pointed out already that the the main differences to the synth itself were a new number 2 filter, and different distortion circuit.
So im not surprised it didn't sound that different to me.
Supposedly they are also patch compatible with each other too?

Yeah, I feel like the difference in sound is going to be somewhere between minimal and placebo.

I'm fine with my mk1, never had a problem with it. The new ones look great and have some nice additions but I haven't been using the A4 much anyway and don't think I'll be upgrading unless something miraculously falls into my lap. But maybe the changes are just what you're (OP) looking for.
skunk_hour
Weird, the difference is night and day to me--I've never heard sounds out of the Analog Four that sounded nearly as rich as any of the mk2's demos. Which is a shame, since mk1s are going for next to nothing these days.[/i]
heckadecimal69
The architecture is 99% the same, and they share preset libraries.
It's mostly in your head.

Getting the most out of an A4 was always about programmers' ability, IMO.
estin
All I really noticed is they made the filter and drive relationship a little more aggressive sounding, and a little more bass when you bump the resonance up on the hp vcf 2. I'll stick with my mk1 hihi
Daisuk
I'm not hearing much of a difference, but not saying there isn't any, I'm just not hearing it. Happy to stick with the mki, although the screen on the 2 looks nice. Overall I must say I prefer the look of the mki machines. It would be nice to be able to sample with the rytm though, I've got to say.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1