MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Coil's A Cold Cell Synth pad and choir
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Coil's A Cold Cell Synth pad and choir
oneiric.tomb
Cold Cell https://g.co/kgs/AfPme3

The synth pad and choir sounds in this track are perfection to me, and I really want to produce something similar, and I don't seem to be able to get there with my virus c.

Any ideas on how these pads were made? Or what synths excell at these sort of sounds? Most stuff ive considered sounds too cheesy to me or overly digital. help

Feel free to move this mods, I'm not sure the best place to post this.
doombient.music
At a guess, samples, most probably Thighp.'s Kurzweil.

Maybe he can shed some light on this when or if he reads this?

Stephen
vav
I believe this was recorded at the start in New Orleans during the Backwards sessions....if that's the case, i'd expect Prophet VS and or PPG layered to shit in the computer and effected all to hell. If it's post New Orleans i'd guess the paddiest thing they had around would be the Optigan, or maybe TPS's Synton Syrinx.

But i dunno otherwise. TPS lurks around here, hopefully he'll chime in for ya.
oneiric.tomb
I meant to update this: straight from the horse's mouth it was a Nord 1
joey
oneiric.tomb wrote:
I meant to update this: straight from the horse's mouth it was a Nord 1

which horse did you speak to? hihi
prae
the rotovatored one
chroma17
Thighp.s wasn't in the band at that time, Drew McDowall and Danny Hyde were though. They def did own a Nord Lead 1, but there's obviously some sampled choir in there as well. Could be from an Akai sampler, or perhaps a rompler that was at the studio in New Orleans?

There's a track on Dedekind Cut's successor that is made out of samples of this track.
oneiric.tomb
From Danny Hyde. Yes I agree tho that there was probably a sampled choir layered on it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1