MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tanzbar Lite/tr09/MFC522
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Tanzbar Lite/tr09/MFC522
RickKleffel
I currently have the latter, alas, to be returned ; the power button isn't working. Looking at Tanzbar-lite, Tanzmaus... trying to avoid the Roland Boutiques to be honest, as the sound is a bit common and the Tanzbars cover what interests me, which is programming on the fly. I have a jam electronic band, so wanting to fire off Logic, driving a drum machine via MIDI upon which I can then program beats on the fly...

This thing does Polyrhythms, which sounds cool. Any thoughts? Where to feet one in the US. Saw a couple used on Reverb...hmm. The LFOs are a feature that sounds good to me, I'm inclined to mangle.
Mr. Sound Boy King
Have you considered an Elektron Machinedrum
heckadecimal69
If you're sequencing from Logic then what does it matter if it does polyrhythms?
Nightly Closures
I’d recommend the tanzbar since you obviously like that sound. There’s a cheap one currently for sale on BST. I love mine and you’d have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
tross
I had MFB's. It's very agressive in a good way of course. I think you will like, especially if techno music is something you are digging for.
RickKleffel
heckadecimal69 wrote:
If you're sequencing from Logic then what does it matter if it does polyrhythms?

I'm too old to use Logic for MIDI sequencing. I use it to record audio (via Behringer X-18 Air, a rocking piece of gear)... I sequence on an MPC-1000, as close to my Linn 9000 ideal as possible (my Linn 9000 no longer works, alas). Never cottoned to the MPC drums, though. Cut my teeth on the pro 1/tb3030/ tr 606 jerry-rigged together, and what's left of my brain falls back on the Linn/Roland sequencing paradign. Love the MFC vibe and the sequencing, and browsing the manual for TB-L, I grok the way it works... like old-home day for me. So polyrhythms on the fly while the bassist and Linnstrumentalist do their thing works for me... and this is a lot easier to deal with than the Rave-O-Lution.
Tumulishroomaroom
I have a Tanzmaus, I like it very much, quite the powerful sequencer too. But it's not polyrhythms, it's polymeter (you can choose the length of each track).

It's not that quirky to use, pretty simple actually. P-lock is really powerful, you can have 32steps patterns and also chain patterns. The kick is really life altering.
spacezignul
tross wrote:
I had MFB's. It's very agressive in a good way of course. I think you will like, especially if techno music is something you are digging for.

I wouldnt classify the Tanzbar Lite as agressive, let alone cery aggressive.

It's a 808 type sounding machine, it can be used in pretty much any genre of music. It sounds very much like all the classical 808 sounds you are used to hear in so many different tracks and its instantly recognizable.
anselmi
spacezignul wrote:
tross wrote:

I wouldnt classify the Tanzbar Lite as agressive, let alone cery aggressive.

It's a 808 type sounding machine, it can be used in pretty much any genre of music. It sounds very much like all the classical 808 sounds you are used to hear in so many different tracks and its instantly recognizable.

I agree...maybe he´s talking about the tanzmaus, that is very agressive to my ears
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1