MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I think I've finished my synth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author I think I've finished my synth
alexbarbed
Right. That was an expensive six months... but I think I have a completed synth and I am NOT going to buy any new modules. I'm full up. Here it is.
Once you've stopped laughing, what do you think?

brotherbeard
You mean, of course, that you filled your first case. wink

Should be decent amount of fun to be had with that! Let us know when you've got some samples for us to enjoy, and CONGRATS!

Cheers
-Bro B
david_r
It never 'finishes'
alexbarbed
Quote:
It never 'finishes'

Yes it does. However...

There are a couple of little modules sitting in a drawer now. If I really meant it I'd be getting rid of them. It's like they're willing me to put them in a new rack, and then the madness will start over again. It's time to make some music!
spudboyblues
Nice first draft wink Looks like fun.
veets
I wish I had a dime for every time I told my wife, "that's it, dear, I have everything I need." But I'd use all the dimes to buy more modules.
x2mirko
alexbarbed wrote:
There are a couple of little modules sitting in a drawer now. If I really meant it I'd be getting rid of them. It's like they're willing me to put them in a new rack, and then the madness will start over again.

This is where i'm at right now as well. I have about 150hp worth of modules sitting in a closet somewhere because I'm happy with my rig, but at the same time these modules are exactly what I'd want if I ever chose to expand my rig... So clearly I can't just sell them, right? ...right? This is fun!
MarcelP
Congratulations! A very nice looking, well selected set of modules you have there. Sorry to break it to you but no, you have not finished, you have just completed the initiation process.
grep
I want to take your rack to a cabin in the woods for about a month.
alexbarbed
grep wrote:
I want to take your rack to a cabin in the woods for about a month.

This reminds me of Indecent Proposal
sasbom
I have a strong feeling the big doepfer sequencer could be replaced with two octones, and then you could put a little extra in.

Plus, you'd have ratcheting going on. Which is neat.
lol finished he says lol lol
Pighood
Do you really have black Maths?
x2mirko
Pighood wrote:

Since they also have one of those make noise patch bus things that only came with the black & gold shared system, i'd say it's pretty likely they started with a black & gold shared system which includes a black maths.
alexbarbed
x2mirko wrote:
Pighood wrote:

Since they also have one of those make noise patch bus things that only came with the black & gold shared system, i'd say it's pretty likely they started with a black & gold shared system which includes a black maths.

I have the blackest Maths there is.

Yes, I started with the B&G Shared System.
alexbarbed
sasbom wrote:
I have a strong feeling the big doepfer sequencer could be replaced with two octones, and then you could put a little extra in.

It is very wicked of you to tempt me like that.
Snatti
Try Eurorack, they said
It will be a fun, inexpensive hobby, they said...
sasbom
alexbarbed wrote:

It is very wicked of you to tempt me like that.

Embrace the eurocrack, the sickening addiction that'll eat your ears and
melt your brain, turning you into nothing more than a consumer of
sonic probabilities.

that said, I just don't like overly bulky modules. A lot of twiddly knobs are nice, but it's what you do with it that counts. I can't ever imagine having that huge doepfer sequencer in a rack, I'd rather get a dark time or something as a standalone console sequencer.

I'd really like to hear your reasoning behind choosing the huge doepfer seq though, what's interesting about it?

(nothing against doepfer anyway, I love their filters and utility)
Pighood
alexbarbed wrote:
x2mirko wrote:
Pighood wrote:

I have the blackest Maths there is.

Yes, I started with the B&G Shared System.

Ah so cool
ookrsia
But you’re still missing so many awesome modules wink
MarcelP
Snatti wrote:
Try Eurorack, they said
It will be a fun, inexpensive hobby, they said...

You misheard: they said "fun AND expensive hobby" - easy mistake to make...
uniquepersonno2
sasbom wrote:

+1 for replacing the doepfer sequencer with something smaller. Hell, you could put a Varigate 8+ in there and still save space. The doepfer sequencers look great but they're gigantic and in my mind only really have a place in a huge system.
pitri
cute
chysn
I'm totally on your side w/r/t the "finished" concept. I decided that I need 144HP, and that's it. I'm useless when I'm chasing gear, and was nice when I got used to not doing that. YMMV, but congratulations!
operator808
TOP TOP TOP choice with the ACL VCO. Shame that company doesn't get the attention it deserves. Have fun!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2