MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Winter is coming... and René is going crazy!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Winter is coming... and René is going crazy!
blizzt
So this little mother****.... I turned on the modular yesterday evening and René was going nuts, no clock inputs and leds where flashing left and right sequencer moving all over the grid. I was in panic. Turned off the modular. Double checked everything, turned it on again and René was still going crazy. Then I realized that thing has a sensivity knob for the touchplates that I never touched since i set it for the first time. Turned the thing all the way to the left and the little beast calmed. Why that happened I started thinking... Well it turns out the we temperature drastically dropped the past days so I think touchplates reacted to this. Felt like sharing my little history lol Have a nice weekend!
Hezza11
Mines going in the other direction, now its gone cold and there's less moisture in the air I can barely get it to notice my fingers very frustrating
BaloErets
Just had my first wiggle with the Rene since Montreal has turned damp and cold. Rene is running like a charm.

Another example of how humidity plays a big role in how responsive the Rene is, and if there's something Montreal isn't lacking, it's humidity.
peripatitis
i am waiting eagerly for a 'Rene by the sea' event smile
nectarios
Getting colder and less humid, here too.
It's been working great today!
Jamnuska
Does having guitar fingers cause issues?
I have problems with my phone and my wife's ipad.

Winter here is pretty damp (but the wood stove drys the air out).
BaloErets
Jamnuska wrote:
Does having guitar fingers cause issues?
I have problems with my phone and my wife's ipad.

Winter here is pretty damp (but the wood stove drys the air out).

I have major calluses on my fingertips from guitar and bass. Rene plays really well for me.
wavejumperr
just a reminder that a little bit of lotion helps a lot when your hands are too dry
FatRocky
i sold my rene because of that, so sad it´s such a great sequencer ,,, it needs redesign
natureclubcassettes
wavejumperr wrote:
just a reminder that a little bit of lotion helps a lot when your hands are too dry

this is good advice, and people outside of the forum should hear it too
BrokenBo
i sometimes only have some minor problems with the touchplates when i edit program pages. while performing there has never been an issue with responsiveness.
orangehexagon
I honestly think this comes down to power supply more than anything.

Have you swapped modules recently? Check your power consumption vs. the power capabilities of your PSU.

I've never had any trouble with Rene at all and I live in Chicago where we can experience all four seasons in a single week. There's also a sensitivity trim pot on the front panel unless I'm confusing it with Pressure Points.
sduck
orangehexagon wrote:
I honestly think this comes down to power supply more than anything.

No, it's a common issue that some people can't make the touch switches work because of their body chemistry. I can't make mine do anything at all unless I lick my fingertips, and who wants to be doing that all the time?

orangehexagon wrote:
There's also a sensitivity trim pot on the front panel unless I'm confusing it with Pressure Points.

Mine is turned all the way up, and still nothing.

I should mention that an alternate panel with mechanical switches is being developed by a third party - there's a thread about this somewhere. I don't know if it'll be generally available, there wasn't much interest in the first batch.
Milanm
Mine was much more temperamental before I followed Toppo's - Meanwell Power brick DIY tutorial. All is now well.

Could have been a different issue of course.
wavedepletion
I experimented with the power supply & grounding theories, trimpot, etc. Only thing that reliably makes a difference for me is making sure I'm contacting with the full pad of my finger, and not the tips (callused guitar fingers here also, at least on my left hand).
nectarios
For the record, I had both Rene and PP freaking out in a 9U case with a Doepfer PSU, with about 400mA of headroom in the power.

Moved all the Make Noise modules into another case, again with a Doepfer PSU same as in the other case, same amount of headroom, all the exact same modules and Rene and PP performed (still do, knock on wood) almost perfect.

I don't know electronics but I put it down to grounding not being up to par on the first case.

Power is like black magic, I don't understand it.
ElCampesino
Anyone interested in a panel with buttons for Rene? My friend and I just finished a batch of panels for about 20 people, now ready to ship. Not all of them have paid yet, maybe some of them fall through. So maybe a few will remain for others.

Drop me a line via the contact form on this website if you're interested: http://www.elcampesino.nl/rene-button-panel/

There's also info on the panel itself.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1