MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Metropolis Trips/Tricks?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Metropolis Trips/Tricks?
aqua2374
Finally figured out how to operate my Metropolis (software version 1.04)

Couple things I noticed...

1) When I boot it up, how to I make all the settings boot it up to the last parameters I had it at when I shut it down? For example, it always boots up expecting an external clock from an outside source, and I have to manually select internal clock in order to run a sequence...kind of annoying

2) Seems very good for "electro" musical sequences, any tricks on how to make it have more melodic sequences? Ala, final fantasy's "the perlude" theme? Is there a way I can lock-in note values from, say, a midi keyboard and then run them in a sequence kind of like on the original SH101s simple sequencer?

3) Any tricks on how to modulate the Aux ins with LFOs, etc?

Thanks!
strawberry
https://youtu.be/uV9-XA5MPwY
TemplarK
Just assign the Auxilarys to octaves and transpose then sequence those as well. This will lengthen past the usual 8 steps.

I would say that the Final Fantasy music you posted might be a little difficult with a 8 step sequencer but you should be able to get close to something like that using Octave and Transpose on each aux input.

I think you might be better with a 16 - 64 step sequencer for that kind of sequence maybe.
brandonlogic
yeah for something similar to that final fantasy theme, you basically need to create an arpeggio.

combined two sequencers (or a sequencer and keyboard cv). one will sequencing the arpeggio notes and the other would be clocked slower and would do the transposing of that arpeggio
calvinsomething
Buy a Beatstep Pro and use the Metropolis for shorter riffs.
Klangzaun
I highly recommend to update Metropolis to firmware 1.30. It offers memory, ratchets and some more features.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1