MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eowave - 6U Studio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Eowave - 6U Studio
SunRa
How bad is the PSU?

https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/eowave-6u-studio-case-84hp.html
TemplarK
Buy a Doepfer case get extra HP and better PSU. Solid. Cheap. Awesome.
The Junglechrist
I hava one of those PSU in my Verbos based system and never had any problems with it.
ProgRocket
I chose the angeled 6U 104hp Studio case with 'source d'energie' as my entry into modular world a few months ago. I don't have much experience or comparisons and may speak with confirmation bias.

So far i love it. It's sturdy, but not too heavy. I like the natural wood cheeks which reduce 'k├Ârperschall'. It's a convenient low height liing on the table in front of you. But every modul fit into it so far - the busboards are mounted flat on the bottom inside and don't waste space with spacers. Also helps with grounding the busboards they say. You get proper rails with threaded strips - no sliding nuts.

The busboards and power module each have LEDS to show if something is amiss with your voltage lines, which feels reassuring when you're just starting out. The busboards have _plenty_ of headers.

I have no unwanted noises in my audio.

The power brick is silent, no buzzing or whining. I have a single painfully loud 'piewwww' sound in my headphones turning the rack on, i can live with that. I have 'fuzzy touch' on the modules surfaces. Schneidersladen told me that is to be expected in a floating ground power situation like this and easily remedied by plugging something in that _is_ grounded like a mixer or soundcard, or by grounding the case separately with a cable. I have been assured that the fuzzy touch won't hurt the modules. I can confirm that the fuzzy feeling is almost gone if i don't just use the sole rack with headphones. It _might_ interfere with capacitive modules like pressure points they say. In that case, properly ground your rack.

Cool: i have a module that's too wide. When the row was full, i couldn't fit a 2HP module into the remaining space . I loosened the screws on the sides and got me the half millimeter i needed! It would have been a major pain to rearrange all modules and not have _my_ order of things. Never would have thought this little detail important.

My rack is full now and i am at 1070mA according to modularGrid. Nothing feels hot, wouldn't even call it warm.

The unit has a lot of headroom. Eowave built and tested the units for 1.5A each on the -12V and 12V rail and sell it as a 2-row power solution. I am really tempted to try to run a third row with it and see how far my particular unit will go reliably - of course against Eowaves recommendation.

I think it's good value and a great entry level starter kit. I bought it and was done - no DIY-ing.
However i underestimated my personal level of gear acquisition syndrome and should have gone for 3 rows from the start.

Maybe i can get a third row out of it. Would you guys advise me to try? Or absolutely not?
SunRa
ProgRocket wrote:
I chose the angeled 6U 104hp Studio case with 'source d'energie' as my entry into modular world a few months ago. I don't have much experience or comparisons and may speak with confirmation bias.

So far i love it. It's sturdy, but not too heavy. I like the natural wood cheeks which reduce 'k├Ârperschall'. It's a convenient low height liing on the table in front of you. But every modul fit into it so far - the busboards are mounted flat on the bottom inside and don't waste space with spacers. Also helps with grounding the busboards they say. You get proper rails with threaded strips - no sliding nuts.

The busboards and power module each have LEDS to show if something is amiss with your voltage lines, which feels reassuring when you're just starting out. The busboards have _plenty_ of headers.

I have no unwanted noises in my audio.

The power brick is silent, no buzzing or whining. I have a single painfully loud 'piewwww' sound in my headphones turning the rack on, i can live with that. I have 'fuzzy touch' on the modules surfaces. Schneidersladen told me that is to be expected in a floating ground power situation like this and easily remedied by plugging something in that _is_ grounded like a mixer or soundcard, or by grounding the case separately with a cable. I have been assured that the fuzzy touch won't hurt the modules. I can confirm that the fuzzy feeling is almost gone if i don't just use the sole rack with headphones. It _might_ interfere with capacitive modules like pressure points they say. In that case, properly ground your rack.

Cool: i have a module that's too wide. When the row was full, i couldn't fit a 2HP module into the remaining space . I loosened the screws on the sides and got me the half millimeter i needed! It would have been a major pain to rearrange all modules and not have _my_ order of things. Never would have thought this little detail important.

My rack is full now and i am at 1070mA according to modularGrid. Nothing feels hot, wouldn't even call it warm.

The unit has a lot of headroom. Eowave built and tested the units for 1.5A each on the -12V and 12V rail and sell it as a 2-row power solution. I am really tempted to try to run a third row with it and see how far my particular unit will go reliably - of course against Eowaves recommendation.

I think it's good value and a great entry level starter kit. I bought it and was done - no DIY-ing.
However i underestimated my personal level of gear acquisition syndrome and should have gone for 3 rows from the start.

Maybe i can get a third row out of it. Would you guys advise me to try? Or absolutely not?

We'll always need more rows cause we'll always want more modules. It took me 2 years to fill my 9u 84hp and now I have no space, 3 modules out. When I get a proper job I guess I'll be needing a 9u per year.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1