MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

With a little help from my friends...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author With a little help from my friends...
daveholiday
EDIT 6/28/2018

I know it has been some time but I thought I would share some updates with all those that have taken the time to send messages of support or a few kind words...or a book! (nothing but love for you Rex! love )

So here is how it all panned out:

She went into surgery on 6/18/2018. We already knew that the cancer had spread to her ovaries. The great unknown was to what extent it had spread through the rest of her abdominal cavity. She went in at 6:00am for pre-op...when they wheeled her out at 6:30...I can't begin to describe the stress/anxiety level for the next 9 hours.

I always try to hope for the best...but over the past 6 months I have been preparing for the worst. When we got married in 2013 we went through marriage counseling through the church where we were married. I was asked what was my biggest fear about being married...I replied "losing my wife". Sorry, back to story at hand.

My wife's surgery consisted of splitting her open from her breast bone to her lady parts. After the surgeons dug around in there looking for anything suspicious, they sewed her back up with a couple tubes protruding from her abdominal cavity. For those in the know (HIPEC). Chemo drugs were then circulated through her abdominal cavity for 90 minutes to catch anything they missed. It's a bit invasive but results have shown it is a worthwhile procedure.

They finally called my name in the waiting room....2 hours before we thought the procedure would be over. I was greeted by the surgeon in the consultation room........big smile on his face! Said that it went perfect and she was going back to the room that night. They removed her ovaries and her apendix for good measure but ultimately she is in a very good position. We cant have children (for those who don't know what ovaries are for) but are looking at other options!

There are so many people that I want to thank for the kind words...but I will do that over PM...

=========

I have thought long and hard about posting this message, but here it goes. I have met so many great people here at muffs, and a few in person via Knobcon. I have gotten great advice, helpful tips, technical knowledge, and most of all a cool, strange bond with all modular synth users that I have encountered. That being said......I have edited this line 10 times, cant come up with a segway so....

My wife was diagnosed with colon cancer the last week in September. We went through colectomy surgery in the middle of October with high hopes that it hadn't spread, being that she is only 32 years old. Surgeon found it elsewhere...so Stage 4 colon cancer. We don't have children yet, so that is another wrench thrown into the gears as chemo is hard on the ovaries. We will start chemo in December once we figure out the right direction to go.

My modular is a source of constant enjoyment since I built it 2 and a half years ago. But, at this point I can live without my modular...I don't want to live without my wife. All modular/wife jokes aside...she is the most important thing in my life!

I am going to start small with the modules that I don't use as much. Hopefully it won't come to me liquidating the whole thing, but we will have to evaluate day by day, bill by bill.

Thank you for reading...think of my BST thread as a cancer treatment donation that is accompanied by a free module! Thank you all for the thoughts and support. This is why I love this place!
daveholiday BST
hsosdrum
I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish her a speedy recovery and you both many more happy years together.

Good luck; you're both in my thoughts.
Minimoog56
Glad the forum is a place of comfort - for me as well. With all the negatives about Muffs lately re: negativism over sexism, celebrity musicians on and off the forum, it’s all noise. Through this place I connected on cultural and creative levels with members across the planet that are now true friends.

I also been going through cancer this year with my spouse, my dad and several old dear friends. I understand what you are going through completely. The medical establishment is scary, cost wise, surgery, treatment all of it - but the science is very sound and I hope your wife will get the best care she needs to fully recover. Illness in our immediate loved ones is the most difficult experience this life foists upon us. Be strong for her and take care of yourself in the process so you can be the best care giver you can be. Bests
cornutt
Wow. Best of luck to you. First of all, you have your priorities straight. I'd happily sell all of my gear if my wife's survival was at stake. So I commend you.

Second, feel free to post in the Members Only area any time you need some encouragement. I've had to be the "strong one" a few times when my wife was experiencing health issues, but nothing like stage 4 cancer. I just can't imagine. I know it must be a grind -- taking care of an invalid wears you down, no matter how much you love them.
JohnLRice
daveholiday I'm sorry to hear what you are your wife are going through!
sad banana I wish lots of strength, healing love, and a rapid and complete recovery.
Ockeghem
waah
Best wishes and prayers here. Hope the recovery goes well for you both.
Thalassa
Sad to hear that , I hope that everything goes well and she recovers soon.
Flareless
Sorry to hear this terrible news DH. I hope things work well soon.
Gizmo
DH - God bless.
daveholiday
Thank you all for the kind words. love

I will let everyone know how it is all progressing!

I will post a PROPER link once I get all the descriptions for the first round of modules that need to be sold... cry

Nothing there is terribly exciting but there is an excellent hand built module from Flareless in there!
daveholiday
Link at the bottom of the top post..Thank-you all again for the kind words.
daveholiday
Just a quick update for my 5U friends. My wife made it through the first chemo treatment with flying colors. We are on a path now so life has settled down a bit...good for the holidays!

I want to thanks everyone again for the PMs and for those who picked up some of my gear that was for sale. Still have a couple things...wink, wink, nudge,nudge hihi

While I know this is probably more suited to another subforum, but I have made so many friends here at 5U, seems more appropriate!

Never thought of a family of forum friends....until now!
JohnLRice
daveholiday wrote:
Just a quick update for my 5U friends. My wife made it through the first chemo treatment with flying colors. We are on a path now so life has settled down a bit...good for the holidays!

I want to thanks everyone again for the PMs and for those who picked up some of my gear that was for sale. Still have a couple things...wink, wink, nudge,nudge hihi

While I know this is probably more suited to another subforum, but I have made so many friends here at 5U, seems more appropriate!

Never thought of a family of forum friends....until now!
thumbs up applause Hug
DrReverendSeance
daveholiday wrote:
!

Good to hear! Have a great holiday season
kindredlost
Great news on the treatment results. My prayers and best wishes for the days ahead. Keep us up to date on the progress.
PatchMonger
Hi daveholiday, I hope that your wife keeps getting better. It was very sad to read your first post and very encouraging to read your latest update!! Best wishes and hopes that things keep getting better for you two!!
ppkstat
Really happy your wife went though the treatment without complications. I hope everything turns out ok in the end.
Rex Coil 7
I'm going to be brutally honest.

In 1999 my wife was diagnosed with Stage 3B breast cancer at the age of 36.

On the day of her biopsy, after over seven hours in surgery, her surgeon approached me in the waiting room and told me to prepare myself since he had "seen a lot of this" and he gave her a zero percent chance of survival.

9 surgeries, 12 chemo treatments .... she was my hero! She woke up every day with a smile on her face and something good to say.

After about three years, we ran into her surgeon at the grocery store. He said he didn't expect to see her alive. I wanted to punch that fucker in the nose! The ~tone~ and ~context~ of his remarks are very difficult to convey in a forum post, but I can pretty much promise that had anyone here had the same encounter with him, you'd feel the same way as I did.

After 18 years now, she's still alive and kickin'. She has survived past every doctor's estimations (the most optimistic was ten years at the very most). My wife is strong, willing, a lives a solid wonderful life. I was a *shooter* in the U.S. Military on a counter-terrorist team specializing in leftist terrorism and nuclear weapons systems security. I used to think I was the "tough one" in my marriage. What utter BS. My wife, Missi, is the strongest most loving human being I've ever known. I aspire to be like her.

My point? Pfft.... that's simple.

Show your wife all the emotional support you can muster. Be there for her, let her know that SHE CAN BEAT THIS. Doctors don't know shit .... so don't allow negative words get to you ....

As you probably know, contracting cancer at such a young age is usually a very bad thing. When you're that young, your immune system is at it's peak strength. This means that the cancer that made it past the youthful immune system is a tough cancer. It's gonna be a haul, and the chemo is going to take a lot out of her. After my wife went through chemo (she had to have the dark red type, known as "Cool Aid" in the cancer community ... it is the most potent and most damaging chemo there was at the time) it took a lot out of her. But she's kept positive, and she was fortunate to have a really excellent oncologist from Argentina that comes up to our area once every few months. His attitude is fantastic, and from my experience as the supporter, I can tell you that a great attitude is literally half the battle.

And as for you .... sometimes what the supporting person goes through can be as destructive as what the patient goes through. Hang in there Pal! It's gonna be a long, tough, hard road. Don't be afraid to lean on others, having others' support along this journey can make all the difference.

I could sit here and say a bunch of flowery shit, hand out sweet placating comments and well wishes. But I don't want to lie to you.

Hang in there man. Be strong for her. You may have to throw everything you have at this ... with every ounce of your might ... to beat this disease.

Just always remember, and never ever forget ... that doctors only measure the physical aspects of their patients. They have no clue about the depth of intestinal fortitude that their patients have. Just keep your head up, keep your face to the wind, and never ... ever ... quit.

Be well, and send your wife my and my wife's best wishes. She can beat this!

Brian.
daveholiday
edit up top
Dr Gris
My best wishes to both of you!

//Magnus
Thalassa
It's good to hear from you again. I hope she will be totally recovered soon smile
hamildad
always appreciate to hear some good news about fighting that dragon Cancer..

thoughts to you both and I admire the strength you both have to go through this...
kindredlost
Good news is always welcomed, especially in this day of constant bad news from every angle. God be with you guys in your journey ahead!
cornutt
Excellent news. Thank you.
Savage
Dave, I don't visit here as much as I used to, and I'm sorry I haven't responded until now. But I'm really glad to see the EDIT to your original post. It's truly amazing what love, support, and a positive outlook can do.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1