MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TipTop Audio TG ONE Special Edition
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author TipTop Audio TG ONE Special Edition
EternalTurtle
New Tip Top Audio TG ONE Special Edition Throbbing Gristle Module looks pretty tasty. Wondering how the new modes will sound and stoked on the Throbbing Gristle Samples SlayerBadger! . Also wondering if they will have the new frimware available for the non-special edition ONE, I don't own ONE (HEHE) but it would be nice for the people that currently own it.

Control Voltage has them for pre-sale for $225

"TG ONE is a special edition of the Tiptop Audio ONE module designed to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Throbbing Gristle’s groundbreaking ‘Second Annual Report’. Few bands have staked out such on original space in music that proved not only immediately provocative and illuminating, but filtered into almost every corner of electronic and popular music in the succeeding decades.

Collaborating with the band and MUTE records, the Tiptop Audio team tailored the features of the popular ONE to the sound and aesthetic of Throbbing Gristle.

Decked out in a TG color scheme of red and white on black, the design incorporates the iconic TG ‘flash’. Even the packaging sports classic cover art from ’20 Jazz Funk Greats’.

Working with long time beta-tester Chris Carter, the Tiptop R&D tweaked the ONE firmware creating two new modes: the first a random file selection on each trigger input; and the second, looping playback that randomly seeks in a sound file with each trigger. Both of these functions take TG ONE into new sonic territory.

TG ONE includes two exclusive cards of Throbbing Gristle samples curated by Chris Carter from his archive of the original Throbbing Gristle recording sessions. The files have been further reworked and revised, modified and mangled by Carter to give the user a unique Throbbing Gristle sonic palette to work wonders with while retaining the spirit of the original sources. Card one consists of 128 percussive sounds and audio snippets with the second card featuring 128 longer samples, pads and loops.
Tightly coupled with the firmware these cards are only available with the TG module.

Tiptop Audio would like to thank Paul Taylor, Daniel Miller and all at Mute for their support; and Chris Carter, Cosey Fanni Tutti, Genesis Breyer P-Orridge and the late Peter ‘Sleazy’ Christopherson for their inspiration."

Mikeyg3k
I’d love one of these! Would be cool if they did some more of their modules in this color scheme as well.
kay_k
I was on the edge of buying one.. now in black, pretty hard to say no.
Krater
Great to see this happen! I´d like to get it sooner or later and hope it´s not a limited edition. Although it would be nice to have this firmware as an upgrade for the standard ones.
RedLab
"TG ONE includes two exclusive cards of Throbbing Gristle samples curated by Chris Carter from his archive of the original Throbbing Gristle recording sessions"

That's pretty awesome. This one will be hard for me to ignore
High Wolf
Wondering if the cards will be available for those who already own a Tip Top One.
REVIVER
High Wolf wrote:
Wondering if the cards will be available for those who already own a Tip Top One.

From the full description:

"Tightly coupled with the firmware these cards are only available with the TG module."
L.C.O.
"tweaked the ONE firmware creating two new modes: the first a random file selection on each trigger input; and the second, looping playback that randomly seeks in a sound file with each trigger. "

and I am wondering if there will be firmware update for the "regular" ONE, since these new modes could also be quite useful for those who are not fans of TG.

Curious to hear from TTA on that ONE.
_seph
after all of these years, this is what ended up being my first Eurorack module.
fnordboy
I pulled the trigger on one at Control. I've been debating on picking up a One for a while and the Gristle just drew me in. I know I am going to want another one eventually I think so hopefully it will not be a limited thing.
turin horsey
very cool, hope to hear some of the samples soon
fnordboy
Just got my shipping notice. It's peanut butter jelly time! screaming goo yo It's peanut butter jelly time! SlayerBadger!
gummyboy
"the Tiptop R&D tweaked the ONE firmware creating two new modes: " from the guide.

It says ONE not TG ONE. It always says "TG ONE" when it specifically points TG ONE. So I guess firmware works for both.

I hope so...
continuum
Firmware for TG ONE is only for TG ONE. There is no update for the standard issue ONE.

The modes modify and replace two existing modes so each version has the same number.

From the updated manual:

Quote:
TG ONE

TG ONE features a custom firmware designed to work closely with the sounds on the two included cards. Tiptop Audio worked with Chris Carter to create options that enhance the Throbbing Gristle aesthetic. The following two modes have new code:

Looping Mode - The file loops like the original ONE firmware but each trigger received while loo- ping scans to a random point in the file. This creates a glitched 'skipping' type of effect including clicks in the audio.

Sequence Mode - The original firmware plays the next file in the playlist, but TG ONE selects a file at random from the list.

For questions or issues with the TG ONE firmware, please contact Tiptop Audio directly:
contact@tiptopaudio.com
_seph
_seph wrote:
after all of these years, this is what ended up being my first Eurorack module.

my TG ONE may ship tomorrow, a good thing its case arrived today. in need of 4hp the complete System 500 seemed the best option. w00t
fnordboy
I only got to play around with it for about 30 mins last night, but I am really enjoying it. Especially the percussive card. I got some really nice sounds out of it. I was only using it in the File Select mode right now. Hoping this weekend to spend some quality time with it.
PolarIceCaves
I wonder if someone could rip the firmware so we can add it to the old version
mdoudoroff
This thing is a hoot!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/mdoudoroff/goofing-with-the-tg-one[/s]

Simple Numeric Repetitor sequence of the BI, BIA and TG ONE. Sapél is choosing the sample for the TG ONE and providing all the modulation for the NE modules. Big Sky Magneto adds… something at the end of chain.
mildheadwound
It's incredible.
monoscan
This thing is bananas. Totally want more cards for it.
calaveras
I'm torn. On the one hand, TG is one of my favorite bands.
But their heavy merching always kind of bugs me.
It's always a bit dear, and limited edition for no reason?
This module is right up my alley, but my fanboyism isn't very strong.
(mostly due to not making a lot of money these days)
L.C.O.
continuum wrote:
Firmware for TG ONE is only for TG ONE. There is no update for the standard issue ONE.

The modes modify and replace two existing modes so each version has the same number.

Too bad about that.
The two additional modes would certainly enhance ONE.
kwaidan
On the one hand, I question using someone else's samples, and on the other hand, it would sort of be fun to have a module full of TG samples. Are they from the early albums?

Is there a list? Are some of the samples reconizable?
continuum
kwaidan wrote:
On the one hand, I question using someone else's samples, and on the other hand, it would sort of be fun to have a module full of TG samples. Are they from the early albums?

Is there a list? Are some of the samples reconizable?

From the TG ONE web page:

Quote:
TG ONE includes two exclusive cards of Throbbing Gristle samples curated by Chris Carter from his archive of the original Throbbing Gristle recording sessions. The files have been further reworked and revised, modified and mangled by Carter to give the user a unique Throbbing Gristle sonic palette to work wonders with while retaining the spirit of the original sources. Card one consists of 128 percussive sounds and audio snippets with the second card featuring 128 longer samples, pads and loops.
Tightly coupled with the firmware these cards are only available with the TG module.
continuum
calaveras wrote:
I'm torn. On the one hand, TG is one of my favorite bands.
But their heavy merching always kind of bugs me.
It's always a bit dear, and limited edition for no reason?
This module is right up my alley, but my fanboyism isn't very strong.
(mostly due to not making a lot of money these days)

TG ONE is not limited edition. The first production run sold out very quickly, but there will be more made in the future.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5