MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rollzers?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Rollzers?
The Grump
I've noticed there's very little talk of rollzerz on here, and I'm kind of curious about them. On the PB, there are rate knobs, and if I'm not mistaken, the orange sockets can feed anything, but the brown ones just interact with each other and can potentially damage other modules if plugged in. So... does the big rollzer just run off of a constant voltage? Or are there ways of feeding it different amounts of current, bringing the cycle rates and pukse outputs of the rollz' up to audio rates? Are certain outputs on say a cocoquantus capable of feeding a roller? Would a cocoquantus and rollzer play well together? Thanks for any insights one might have.
jimmie
I'm also very interested in rolzer lately, as I got meng qi rollz5 and found rolls are different from that of PB. My rollz5 is partially in need of repair but I don't seem to get any response in the rollz5 thread unfortunately..

Anyways, now that I found "pure" rolls (not voltage controlled) are interesting devices, if I had I would definitely get plumbrolzer which must still be rare in the wild!

So, from my yet pretty limited experience from rollz5, rolls are not simple beat generator. Depending on how you connect different nodes of rolls, they get quite often so chaotic, which is often nearly impossible to recreate (thus not too good for live performance). Those chaotic behavior is observed by ultrasound (gongs or avdog don't behave crazily so far, but I maybe wrong) and usually the sound is mostly crackle noise/pop kinda territory tho. Sudden volume change can happen and all. This doesn't happen with PB's voltage controlled, well behaving rolls.
The Grump
jimmie wrote:
I'm also very interested in rolzer lately, as I got meng qi rollz5 and found rolls are different from that of PB. My rollz5 is partially in need of repair but I don't seem to get any response in the rollz5 thread unfortunately..

Anyways, now that I found "pure" rolls (not voltage controlled) are interesting devices, if I had I would definitely get plumbrolzer which must still be rare in the wild!

So, from my yet pretty limited experience from rollz5, rolls are not simple beat generator. Depending on how you connect different nodes of rolls, they get quite often so chaotic, which is often nearly impossible to recreate (thus not too good for live performance). Those chaotic behavior is observed by ultrasound (gongs or avdog don't behave crazily so far, but I maybe wrong) and usually the sound is mostly crackle noise/pop kinda territory tho. Sudden volume change can happen and all. This doesn't happen with PB's voltage controlled, well behaving rolls.

Those crazy burst of pulses as the rollz cycle and freak each other out sounds kind of exciting!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1