MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Attempting to Rackmount a Portastudio 414
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Attempting to Rackmount a Portastudio 414
gentle_attack

Any tips on getting this on a 19" rack? I like using it but not enough to eat up my limited desk space
sutekina bipu-on
gentle_attack wrote:

Any tips on getting this on a 19" rack? I like using it but not enough to eat up my limited desk space

Would it fit in a rack shelf?
gentle_attack
Certainly would, but I was hoping to find 'wing' pieces a bit like the rackmount kit for elektron boxes, so I am facing the controls. Might just need to poke around a bit. If drilling into it is necessary, maybe I should look for something else.
Al
I've used a moogerfooger rack mount kit to rack up things like that. I weaved wires through the holes to secure it to preexisting holes in a drum machine. It worked well.
gentle_attack
I actually had a MF Rack that I was trying to sell (did sell) but was unable to get this to work. I may need to just putz around rackmount kits / mauser or the rackmount equivalent, and look for something close.
51u6d15c0
How about using a rack drawer instead? That would mean no drilling and associated risks, taking up less rack space while still being perfectly accessible, plus you can easily access the line ins etc.
gentle_attack
any other thoughts, forgot about this project (it never really got off the ground)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1