MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

u-he repro-5 beta is out!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author u-he repro-5 beta is out!
diode_destroyer
jonne74
I've been playing this for a couple of hours in demo mode. I have no idea if it's close to the real thing, but taken at face value it just sounds lovely. Quite the resource hog, but maybe they're still balancing it out. This with Little Plate is pad heaven.
mallarme
Fantastic sounding! I've been trying all of the Prophets emulations since VSTs became a thing... I think this is the winner!
Urs
We have posted a release candidate, now with 900+ presets:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=496063

Enjoy,

- U
Notron fn
Sweet!
crazywizdom
Repro-1 is a really lovely synth, it sounds amazing and runs beautifully on Linux.

For Repro-5 I think we Linux devotees have to wait ... sad
Urs
crazywizdom wrote:
Repro-1 is a really lovely synth, it sounds amazing and runs beautifully on Linux.

For Repro-5 I think we Linux devotees have to wait ... sad

There is a Linux beta out there in an older thread. Linux development always takes some extra days for a freelance developer to come in, which depends on his schedule. He's currently got problems accessing our intranet, but I think he'll be coming into our office some time this week or next.
crazywizdom
Urs wrote:
There is a Linux beta out there in an older thread. Linux development always takes some extra days for a freelance developer to come in, which depends on his schedule. He's currently got problems accessing our intranet, but I think he'll be coming into our office some time this week or next.

That's great to hear! applause
Worwell
This thing is tremendous. My vote for the best soft synth ever. Great job Urs.

I got carried away with the distortion but this was a fun take.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3563376984 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]
johny_gtr
Plugin has beaten my real DSI p08. it is the second time (after Dexed dx7 emulator) when plugin sounds better. I hope that U-he will found an engineer who can design good hardware controller (no mini keys, please) for these plugins. Really good work. SlayerBadger!
Worwell
johny_gtr wrote:
Plugin has beaten my real DSI p08. it is the second time (after Dexed dx7 emulator) when plugin sounds better. I hope that U-he will found an engineer who can design good hardware controller (no mini keys, please) for these plugins. Really good work. SlayerBadger!

I'm using the Linnstrument with it which works very well. All of the u-he stuff is MPE compatible. The only problem with the plugin is its a CPU crippler but that is to be expected with something that sounds this good and has all of the effects which can be modulated.
itsritual
I just built myself a new computer using the new i7-8700k, and running repro-5 on Renoise uses 100% CPU just switching presets! The Beta is almost unplayable with the audio dropouts. Kind of disappointing as I expected the new CPU to eat through my VSTs, but I guess unoptimized software can trip up any system.

Has me hesitant to buy the real thing.
x2mirko
itsritual wrote:
I just built myself a new computer using the new i7-8700k, and running repro-5 on Renoise uses 100% CPU just switching presets! The Beta is almost unplayable with the audio dropouts. Kind of disappointing as I expected the new CPU to eat through my VSTs, but I guess unoptimized software can trip up any system.

What sampling rate are you working on, what is your audio buffer size and what are the quality settings for repro-5? I'm running a i5-3450k on 44.1kHz with 128 samples buffer size and I can work with most settings of repro-5 without issues. There are some presets that are pushing the cpu hard, but most work without issues. And since your CPU is WAY stronger than mine, you should have even less issues.

Also, U-He software is generally anything but "unoptimized".
Funky40
i run repro-5 on a 2012 macmini. works for me.

there is btw. a real (non beta) release available
crawling wind
same here 2012 mac mini.

Funky40 wrote:
i run repro-5 on a 2012 macmini. works for me.

there is btw. a real (non beta) release available
itsritual
x2mirko wrote:
itsritual wrote:

What sampling rate are you working on, what is your audio buffer size and what are the quality settings for repro-5? I'm running a i5-3450k on 44.1kHz with 128 samples buffer size and I can work with most settings of repro-5 without issues. There are some presets that are pushing the cpu hard, but most work without issues. And since your CPU is WAY stronger than mine, you should have even less issues.

Also, U-He software is generally anything but "unoptimized".

Wasn't talking about U-he in general, just the fact my repro was still in beta.

Don't think my settings were anything unreasonable, I was running through all my VSTs and the rest ran great. In fact the problem really wasn't even when I was playing (though it was still around 50%), but when I went to the next preset. Going through the presets would make my cpu usage jump to 100%. I'm guessing it may have something to do with renoise?
mallarme
ALSO, U-HE, the effects sound so good. Any way to change their place on the chain? Or can they become available standalone? The distortion/crusher is SO SO good... Really, bravo! This is the first time in years I stopped wanting to buy a real Prophet 5, thinking I finally found an equivalent...
Funky40
itsritual wrote:

Don't think my settings were anything unreasonable,

there are two switches beside the Tune knob:
"M/Core" and "HQ"
you are aware of those ?
anybody else with CPU problems should check the settings of these switches wink
itsritual
Funky40 wrote:
itsritual wrote:

Don't think my settings were anything unreasonable,

there are two switches beside the Tune knob:
"M/Core" and "HQ"
you are aware of those ?
anybody else with CPU problems should check the settings of these switches wink

I'll have to check when I get back from vacation, but with an i7-8700k, I shouldn't have a problem simply switching presets even with those switched on.
Estes
thanks a lot for letting us know!
faun2500
diode_destroyer wrote:

yeah, an it sounds amazing! hihi hihi hihi
dkcg
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1