MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ESX-8CV issues in a ES-3/ES-5 setup
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ESX-8CV issues in a ES-3/ES-5 setup
cephalicarnage
Hi, everybody!

I have an issue with my ESX-8CV: I am not able to use it sad banana
I'm struggling with this module for months and it's time to ask for help. I've read almost everything about it, but I didn't find the solution... I hope that someone can help me... help

-background-
DAW-Ableton.
I usually use channels 1-4 of ES-3 with 2 SWstepLFO, and channels 5-6 with a SW LFO (3 different tracks that respectively go out through channels 15/16, 17/18, 19/20)
I have three different "drum rack" MIDI tracks (the first with a time of 5/8, the second 7/8, and the third 4/4). These tracks are taken by three different MIDI tracks with SE ES-5 Controller (Everything as default but Gate-Channel 1- value 1). All the three tracks go out through channels 21/22.
Until this point everything works perfectly.

BUT, I simply cannot use ESX-8CV as I would like (mainly, to send LFOs or some signal with SW DC). I've tried almost every possible solution but the module simply remains all-red or send some semi-random signals. ESX-8CV is connected to the ES-5 by channel 6.

Could you please make me an example of a potentially working (e.g.) SW LFO sent through the ESX-8CV?

Thank you very much It's peanut butter jelly time!
os
Quote:
All the three tracks go out through channels 21/22.

You can't do that. There must only be one track that goes out to the ES-5. Put all the relevant plug-ins (including the ESX-8CV Combiner) on that one track.
cephalicarnage
os wrote:
Quote:
All the three tracks go out through channels 21/22.

You can't do that. There must only be one track that goes out to the ES-5. Put all the relevant plug-ins (including the ESX-8CV Combiner) on that one track.

Thank for the reply os.

My necessity is to have different clips with different measures sending gate at the same time. I've seen that it works but probably is that the problem with ESX-8CV.

Anyway, I have tried but it didn't work, and I'm sure I've not understood :
-I have one MIDI track with a drum rack.
-I have another MIDI track with SW ESX-8CV (Thru off, the other inputs 1, 2, 3...), and SW ES-5 (Thru 1/2, Channel 1 ->1). In this track the MIDI comes from the MIDI track with the drum rack.

Is this the correct routing? (I'm sure I'm missing some crucial point...)
cephalicarnage
Ah, I've also tried to put every plug-in the same track but it does not work as well...
os
Quote:
-I have another MIDI track with SW ESX-8CV (Thru off, the other inputs 1, 2, 3...), and SW ES-5 (Thru 1/2, Channel 1 ->1). In this track the MIDI comes from the MIDI track with the drum rack.

Is this the correct routing?

The 8CV Combiner would need to be on an audio track.

To get the MIDI to the ES-5 Controller you use the MIDI track output menus to directly address the plug-in, not the input of the track it is on.
cephalicarnage
os wrote:
Quote:

Is this the correct routing?

The 8CV Combiner would need to be on an audio track.

To get the MIDI to the ES-5 Controller you use the MIDI track output menus to directly address the plug-in, not the input of the track it is on.

Thank you for your patience os.

If I use the MIDI track output to address the ES-5 Controller it doesn't work.
I've tried to put an AUDIO track with 8CV Combiner AND a MIDI track with ES-5 controller. I've also tried a unique AUDIO track with both. It doesn't work as well.

Anyway, I have this configuration: Track MIDI - Audio To: Es-5 ->1/2
Track AUDIO with ES-5 Controller (Inputs: Thru 1/2. Gates: Channel 1 ->1) - AUDIO from -(what should I put here??)

In short, I can't use the ES-5 controller if I send the signal to the plugin directly from the MIDI track. AND, i cannot use the ESX-8CV d'oh!
os
Do not put the plug-ins on a MIDI track. Put them on an audio track.

ESX-8CV Combiner -> ES-5 Controller -> audio out to ADAT 7/8

Then in your MIDI track do this:
cephalicarnage
It still does not work, and I am struggling to understan why very frustrating . This is what I see:

Thank you again os
os
It looks as though you have an instrument on that track, so the track output is audio. You need the track to be a MIDI track, with a MIDI output.
cephalicarnage
In this way it works. But, if I am understanding, in this way I cannot use the drum rack...
However, I still cannot use the ESX-8CV. If, for example, I want to use a SW LFO, I should create a MIDI track, insert the SW LFO plugin, audio to->ESX-8CV controller. Is it correct? All the light of the ESX-8CV are red and seem to lightly vibrate....
os
Quote:
In this way it works. But, if I am understanding, in this way I cannot use the drum rack...

You can. You need to make another MIDI track, taking the MIDI from the drum rack and outputting it to the ES-5 Controller.

The easiest way to test the ESX-8CV setup is just to use the ESX-8CV Combiner by itself. Set the 'Target' controls appropriately and then just fiddle with the Offset knobs.
cephalicarnage
os wrote:
Quote:

You can. You need to make another MIDI track, taking the MIDI from the drum rack and outputting it to the ES-5 Controller.

If I do what you said I return to the previous configuration: if I put a drum rack in a MIDI track the output became an AUDIO output seriously, i just don't get it
os
But that's OK, because you're not using the output of that track.

As I said, you need to make *another* MIDI track to direct the MIDI from the drum rack track to the ES-5 Controller.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1