MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko Heavy Industry Varigate 4+
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Malekko Heavy Industry Varigate 4+
rico loverde
wildfrontiers
Count me in for this. I love the V8+, but I just don't have the room in my small system. This will be perfect.

Does it have a Live Gate Record mode like the V8+?
ben_hex
Oh yeah!
PompeiiRuler
want/need!! but have to buy christmas presents for others atm. FFS
ignatius
so dope.
thetaflux
oh MAN. this seems like a perfect little auxillary performance sequencer to go with my octatrack. sign me up.
NoLegs
Oh man, I've been wanting to upgrade my V4 to a V8+ for awhile, but have had trouble with the price tag and HP. I think 4 channels is plenty for me.
tenshun
It would be awesome if they could make a expansion for existing Varigate 4 owners where it connects with a ribbon cable in the back of the varigate 4.
rico loverde
tenshun wrote:
It would be awesome if they could make a expansion for existing Varigate 4 owners where it connects with a ribbon cable in the back of the varigate 4.
since its already in production I don't see that happening. I'm not sure what you would want to do? syncing to the v4 with a v4+?
ignatius
rico loverde wrote:
tenshun wrote:
since its already in production I don't see that happening. I'm not sure what you would want to do? syncing to the v4 with a v4+?

i think (?) he means an expander to plug into the V4 that gives it functionality of the V4+? but not sure. i doubt that's possible. not like every module is made w/expanders in mind and has a header there for that.. perhaps there's a header for firmware updating but not sure if that could be repurposed to magically add buttons and functionality to the V4?
tenshun
ignatius wrote:
rico loverde wrote:
tenshun wrote:

i think (?) he means an expander to plug into the V4 that gives it functionality of the V4+? but not sure. i doubt that's possible. not like every module is made w/expanders in mind and has a header there for that.. perhaps there's a header for firmware updating but not sure if that could be repurposed to magically add buttons and functionality to the V4?

I was just thinking if they made a 4hp module that has the extra features that would make the Varigate 4 have the new features as the 4+.

I saw on the back of the Varigate 4 there is a extra set of header pins. I dont know what its for but if they could some how do somehing with that it would he cool.
greenanother
Looks nice! What’s the range of the unquantized CV? 0-5 or 0-10? Assuming 0-10, but just want to be sure.
MossGarden
100% this! along with a Voltage Block as a future addition

Dead Banana
reodjectz
JACKS AT THE TOP! JACKS AT THE TOP! woot woot It's peanut butter jelly time!

worst thing a bout the 8+ is the jacks between the buttons and the sliders.
bemushroomed
reodjectz wrote:
JACKS AT THE TOP! JACKS AT THE TOP! woot woot It's peanut butter jelly time!

worst thing a bout the 8+ is the jacks between the buttons and the sliders.

I dislike the jacks at the bottom on VG 8.. either cables will go straight over the module itself, or they will go over the buttons.. Stepper Acid has jacks that are directly infront of its keyboard...

makes me wonder if much effort at all is put into design of some modules.. i mean its not something that should require a v2 because "oops yeah we didnt spend those 30 mins thinking about jack placements really, we did spend 2 years on the other stuff though".
reodjectz
Really pouring over this thing.

missing from the 8+ are the bank/all, clear and mute buttons... which I find very useful. They say there are 4 x 4 presets storage space so there must be a 'bank' equivalent.
But no quick clears or mutes.... :(

The multiply and divide are separate now - can I divide by 3 then multiply by 4?

Stop button! (better then the original vg4)

bemushroomed - agree with all you said. I have to Velcro everything to either side like a part in someones hair. and then try my best to never put a stack-cable down there.
nectarios
Very nice! Genious idea to be able to configure CV/gate outs.

Will wait for release and make sure everything is 100%.
My old Varigate 4 which I loved, I had to sell cause I had enough of odd length sequences, defaulting to 8 steps if the clock stopped.
etheroar
This looks awesome!

I too am confused by separate multiply and divide sliders. Anyonw know how this works?
Southfork
This actually offers more CV tracks than the varigate 8+!!! Wonder if they'll do a varigate 8++? razz
bemushroomed
Southfork wrote:
This actually offers more CV tracks than the varigate 8+!!! Wonder if they'll do a varigate 8++? razz

you must have missed a module called voltage block razz
Southfork
bemushroomed wrote:
Southfork wrote:

you must have missed a module called voltage block razz

Ha ha. The voltage block won't let you link the varigate tracks to its own, just shares a master clock which was a massive oversight imo. Disappointing waah
bendedavis
etheroar wrote:
This looks awesome!

I too am confused by separate multiply and divide sliders. Anyonw know how this works?

They work together so you can do things like multiply the clock by 3 and then divide by 4.
hawkfuzz
Looks like a good companion for the SH
bemushroomed
Southfork wrote:

Ha ha. The voltage block won't let you link the varigate tracks to its own, just shares a master clock which was a massive oversight imo. Disappointing waah

It shares tracks too for the song mode, but i guess you mean it doesn't link triggers and cv.. i have no problem with that tbh.
uniquepersonno2
tenshun wrote:

I was just thinking if they made a 4hp module that has the extra features that would make the Varigate 4 have the new features as the 4+.

Get this too? I'd think they'll sync together, and you'd have 4 channels of gates and 4 of cv, or 6 gates/2 cv, or 8 gates, should be a pretty powerful combo actually and not very big
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5