MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noise Engineering Mimetic Digitalis
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Noise Engineering Mimetic Digitalis
uniquepersonno2
Sorry if there's a topic about this already, but I couldn't find one and this is the first I've seen of this module. Screenshot from the video NE uploaded today, do we know anything about this?
starthief
There's a tantalizing mention of it here:

https://www.noiseengineering.us/blog/2017/6/13/modular-tips-and-tricks -guest-post-matt-lange-on-bia-modulation
uniquepersonno2
starthief wrote:
There's a tantalizing mention of it here:

Ooh... Exciting, yet uninformative. Maybe we'll hear something NAMMtime if it's been in testing for a while.
Migrigsynth
Has anyone heard anything about this thing yet? Looks pretty freakin cool!
uniquepersonno2
Migrigsynth wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about this thing yet? Looks pretty freakin cool!

I think it's almost released, isn't it? There's a page on their site for it: https://www.noiseengineering.us/shop/mimetic-digitalis
starthief
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195194&highlight=

I preordered MD and Muta Jovis, and have been told they're shipping in April.
Migrigsynth
Cool! Thanks for the info.
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
spinalbeatz
Shipping May 1st.
starthief
May 1 is close enough to April that I can't really complain smile
nolongerhuman
Ah, the manual is finally up.

Mimetic Digitalis
starthief
nolongerhuman wrote:
Ah, the manual is finally up.

Mimetic Digitalis

That link's broken, should be https://www.noiseengineering.us/s/MD_manual.pdf

Seems pretty straightforward, just like I'd expect from the front panel (aside from Burn being renamed Undo, which makes more sense; burn makes me think of recording onto CDs).
nolongerhuman
Yea, I am looking at it as possibly a smaller hp, 4 channel replacement for my Voltage Block, so I am happy to see that it seems fairly simply configured and easy to use. Most NE modules have been really easy to parse, but the more functions packed into 10hp the more I want to see a manual before I commit.
xtek
Last post on N.E FB:

"Mimetic Digitalis. Shipping May 1 in all its glory. Preorder at Noise Engineering website or at your favorite retailer of fine modular toys."
asleeper
I have a Mimetic Sequent on the way, but didn't know about this guy. Does the Digitalis largely cover the functionality in the Sequent, just with a different method for inputing values? Or am I missing some clever way that having both interacting with each other would be interesting?
NoLegs
Other than the name and the fact that they emit CV I don't think they're really comparable.
asleeper
Let me say it differently. They are both sequencers of a sort. I'm not as interested in them being interchangeable, but more whether they can "collaborate" in interesting ways. That was unclear in my previous post.

The Mimetic Sequent lets me program CV sequences via a CV input, rather than an encoder/panel interface. It's also 1-dimensional (unless you count the 3 available patterns as a 'Y axis'). Randomization is also controlled via CV.

The Mimetic Digitalis seems more oriented toward editing and manipulating via the physical interface, which is interesting in a different way.

After writing that down, I tend to agree they are two different beasts. That said, I think an Digitalis --> Sequent flow could provide some pretty interesting results. I was previously more thinking about the opposite.
NoLegs
Oh that makes more sense. I do think you could get some worthwhile interactions both ways between the two, and they would also be valuable used separately in the same system/patch
behndy
preorders are up for thr Mimetic Digitalis and i am IN.

can't wait to pair it with the Integra Solum.
brianobush
How does this compare to the Voltage Block from Malekko? Seem very similar. HP-wise MD wins.
behndy
haven't had my hands on one, but pretty dissimilar i believe? more akin to a streamlined Cartesian Sequencer, like the Rene?
deltaphoenix
asleeper wrote:
Let me say it differently. They are both sequencers of a sort. I'm not as interested in them being interchangeable, but more whether they can "collaborate" in interesting ways. That was unclear in my previous post.

The Mimetic Sequent lets me program CV sequences via a CV input, rather than an encoder/panel interface. It's also 1-dimensional (unless you count the 3 available patterns as a 'Y axis'). Randomization is also controlled via CV.

The Mimetic Digitalis seems more oriented toward editing and manipulating via the physical interface, which is interesting in a different way.

After writing that down, I tend to agree they are two different beasts. That said, I think an Digitalis --> Sequent flow could provide some pretty interesting results. I was previously more thinking about the opposite.

Mimetic Digitalis looks like a sequential switch with the ability to save routing presets.
behndy
3.05 here -

deltaphoenix
Okay that video helps explain. I was on my phone and thought I saw more inputs, that led me to believe Sequential Switch.

Looks cool, lots of cv out out of one relatively small module.
behndy
SPIFFY TINY SEQUENCER TIMES!

i mean.... like how anything is a sex toy if you're brave enough.... really... isn't anything a sequential switch if you're brave enough?
behndy
yessssssss supposed to ships tomorrrrrrrrowwwwwwwwww!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3