MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Live at CRATER LAB Barcelona (Just intonation modular synth)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Live at CRATER LAB Barcelona (Just intonation modular synth)
Bosavi
Hi:

This is my live set for "Visions in meditation" at CRATER LAB (Barcelona). It was dedicated to the wonderful film director Stan Brakhage.
I used two euroracks with a Hinton Pinxix 15x15.
Modular synths were tuned in just intonation tunig. With proportions such as 3/2, 32/27, 16/9, ... and A = 426.6 Hz.
I think that ER-101 is perfect to experiment with just intonation tunings, in a fairly approximate way. For better accuracy I used iStroboSoft (tuning Peterson Strobe). Thanks for listening!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/j-l-maire/171028-jlmaire[/s]

moremagic
dual harmonic osc, whoa! does that make getting the right intervals for just intonation easier?
Bosavi
Quote:
dual harmonic osc, whoa! does that make getting the right intervals for just intonation easier?

Hi, no, I'm afraid not. The HVCO Verbos are wonderful modules, but with respect to just-intonation tuning they only offer 7 harmonics. In addition, as it's normal for the operation of the module, they are tuned in relation to the fundamental frequency. In the concert I used some modules for a single note or sequenced with the ER-101 that allows you enough precision for tuning.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1