MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

JH Living VCOs - MOTM Synthcube panel - which knobs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author JH Living VCOs - MOTM Synthcube panel - which knobs?
Dais3
I've just got a panel for Jurgen Haible's Living VCOs from Synthcube to marry up with the Random Source PCB. The panel uses 23 smaller knobs for most functions, but can anyone point me the direction of some appropriate knobs that will match the standard larger MOTM knobs? I've tried a knob with a 19mm skirt but that covers the entire legend. Looks like I need something around 14mm. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Many thanks
beautyofdecay_
Both Musikding and Banzai Music in Germany have 16mm versions. I'm not sure there even is a 14mm version of these knobs.

https://www.musikding.de/Bakelite-knobs

or

http://www.banzaimusic.com/Plastic-Metal/ (look for the Synthie-2 model)
JohnLRice
I'm not sure of the exact size you'll need but look at the Alcoswitch PKE and PKES series.

beautyofdecay_
Yes, those are the original knobs. The links I provided are clones...

But reading the datasheet the smallest version is also 16mm in diameter.
sduck
The parts I used are the small PKE and a large PKES. Mouser part numbers

506-PKE60B1/4
506-PKES120B1/4

They look like this:

Jurgen Haible - Random*Source Living VCOs profile by Stephen Drake, on Flickr
DrReverendSeance
Like sduck said above, you’ll want the PKE60B1/4 no skirt for the smaller knobs. They will not cover the legends.

For the larger knobs on the Synthcube panel, use PKES90B1/4. These are the standard MOTM size skirted knob. Sduck used the larger knob but the Synthcube panel legends are based on the standard MOTM knob size.

(Edited to add info about the larger knob)
Dais3
Brilliant thanks everyone. Much appreciated.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1