MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ESX-8MD Cubase 9.5 CC Automation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ESX-8MD Cubase 9.5 CC Automation
kresbeatz
Hello, I'm experiencing problem with automating my hardware synths via CC using ESX-8MD in Cubase 9.5 (via ES-5 Controller plugin VST3 on Audio track). It simply not sending any CC to the synth (regular MIDI notes and Clock are working great). I'm experiencing this only with VST3 version 2.6.2 (as VST2 version is not supported due Steinberg dropped VST2Shell support). I used the app called Shell2Vst to extract ES-5 Controller from the Silent Way VST2 version and now successfully using it with Cubase, however I will be really glad to have native solution without those tricks and working VST3 version.

My setup: ES-53 -> ES-5 -> ESX-8MD, RME UFX

In Cubase 9.5

1. Audio track with 5x ES-5 controllers (VST3) in inserts one after another (due I have 5 hardware synths). Output to ADAT 7-8.
2. 5x MIDI tracks with respective MIDI output to ES-5 Controller input
3. 5x Audio tracks to monitor an record 5 synths

When I'm trying to send CC from any of these MIDI tracks (tried in Event controller lane as well as right on the track in arrange window) simply nothing happens. When I load VST2 version of ES-5 Controller (unpacked from Shell2VST or via Bidule) everything is working and ES-5 sending CC's to my synths without any problem.

Tried with effect and instrument version of ES-5 Controller VST3 - same result. Everything except CC's working good on VST3 version.

So, the question: is it easy to fix with VST3 version? Thank you.
os
It's not easy to fix in the VST3 version. Steinberg decided that in VST3 plug-ins are explicitly disallowed from receiving MIDI CC messages.

There may be a workaround but I've not solved it yet.
kresbeatz
os wrote:
It's not easy to fix in the VST3 version. Steinberg decided that in VST3 plug-ins are explicitly disallowed from receiving MIDI CC messages.

There may be a workaround but I've not solved it yet.

Got you, thanks for the fast reply! Maybe it is possible then to make a non-shell version of Silent Way VST2 (make separate dll's for each plugin in the shell instead of silentway_x64.dll that contains everything) to use it with Cubase at full potential? If I understand it correctly Cubase can't see VST2 version just because it packed into the shell. Sure I can use shell2vst app to unpack it, but it looks little geeky to me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1