MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SRE330 build
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author SRE330 build
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
With type switch set to 3-phase ... the wet signal is identical to dry and no modulation changes that.

As i say ..I need to read the user guide again to know what to rxpect og 3-phase

3-phase does need the two frequency trimmers to be set right to sound correct. If they're set too fast then it might sound similar to the dry. Not tried it - but the LFOs go through some heavy low pass filtering to get the sinewave shapes. If the LFOs are too high then any content will be simply filtered out and you'll get little modulation.

Tony
Pav
Configuration tests all completed..but may I query the SFRQ config on p12 of user guide. Wondering if the refs to triangle are a cut and paste typo. I had to turn up sine rate to see wave on scope.

all modes are now working.
.it's time to try and recreate your sound samples nanners
Thanks for all the support.
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
Configuration tests all completed..but may I query the SFRQ config on p12 of user guide. Wondering if the refs to triangle are a cut and paste typo. I had to turn up sine rate to see wave on scope.

The guide should be correct. You ought to be getting a triangle wave at U20 pin 1. This should be there irrespective of the rate setting - although the frequency will change in multi mode. Make sure you use the DC input setting on the scope to see slow moving waveforms - sorry if you know this already.

The sine wave should appear at pin 1 on U25 after going through the combined sine shaper and VCA circuit. The sine level control will control the amplitude of the signal you see here.

Tony
Pav
Re Dc input I always welcome all advice. I looked up the scope manual as I have only basic knowledge...and DC is fortunately a default setting.
I will redo SFRQ calibration.

I spent couple of hours playing DSI Prophet 8 chords and slow saw arpegs through the SRE today whilst learning to have a lighter touch on the mod knobs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2