MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-1 with PS3 controller
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-1 with PS3 controller
Jonatan
Hi,

I want to use the FH-1 with my PS3 controller, but the 4 LEDs on the back just blinks when I connect it with USB.
Do I need an USB Bluetooth controller connected to the FH-1 to be able to use it?
Will a Bluetooth device (such as an wireless mouse or joystick/game controller) work as a HID controller just as well as a device with direct USB connection or will there be some driver issues with the Bluetooth dongle?

Also it says in the manual that HID controllers are supposed to be configurable with the online tool but I cannot find any setting for a HID controller mapping in the online tool:
http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/webapps/fh1_script_generator.html

Is it not implemented yet or is there some other tool?
Also what is the best way of finding out how a controller is mapped?
I mean if I want to use the X-axis on one of the joysticks of my PS3 controller for example where do I get the information about how to map that?
os
I have no information on PS3 controllers.

I have had success with Bluetooth LE MIDI dongles and the FH-1, but again I don't know if that would apply to the PS3 controller.

Quote:
Also it says in the manual that HID controllers are supposed to be configurable with the online tool but I cannot find any setting for a HID controller mapping in the online tool

It says "The exact mapping between the peripheral's controls and the FH-1's outputs can be specified in configuration scripts" which is not to say this is in the web tool. You have to do it by hand.

I would expect a PS3 controller is mapped much the same as a PS4 controller, but you'd have to examine its HID report, which you can do using a USB debug tool (e.g. USB Prober on macOS). Though for something as common as a PS3 controller I'd be surprised if this info wasn't already on the web somewhere.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1