MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia Buchla Easel V
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Arturia Buchla Easel V
killiun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3HqWKaF_0A

https://reverb.com/p/arturia-buchla-easel-v

woah
a100user
Nice.

I also notice a new CMI Fairlight, DX7 and Clavinet in the Arturia download manager.
Shledge
1st preset: bongo

lol
starthief
I bought Analog Lab 2 at a ridiculous discount some time back, and now I see it's automatically upgraded to 3. And a $249 upgrade offer for V Collection 6. Not bad...
Muzone
€99 for the Easel alone, seems good price - will try the demo and see if my laptop can handle it,
they do warn it's a bit of a CPU hog "each voice of polyphony requires significant processing power to pull it off—approximately 20 percent of an i7 CPU per voice"

Hmmm "The demo is limited to 20 minutes." bit stingy I reckon ??
ym2612
Sounds like they nailed it, from what little I've heard so far. I'd like to hear some FM.
nrg242
just gave it a few runthroughs in standalone. when the 20 min for the demo is up you just relaunch it to reset the timer.

while i was having a ton of fun exploring the main panel, it took me a while to even get to the dropdown which is where it gets pretty wild. the bouncing ball reflecting off the walls and launching gates in doing so is pretty cool. the modulation gets pretty deep when using the gravity wells along with the walls. should probably RTFM to figure out how to slow all the motion down though.

didn't notice any cpu problems in standalone but we'll see once its in the DAW.

i was convinced enough to purchase after about an hour.

some noodling:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/e1Nr8BtTafyTRaEV2
lisa
Cool! I've been a bit interested in getting myself some Easel but 1. I don't want to get into Buchla in general and 2. don't want to spend Buchla money. Arturia solved my conundrum. Hug
deb76
I have buy the Arturia Buchla Easel and it's great...
The Space Disco
I also bought it!!! WOW!!! Had a beautiful night with her... to bad we need sleep. ;-) worth every penny!
david_r
will be the first bit of software I've purchased in a while.
starthief
I don't have any actual Buchla experience, but from Euro West Coast stuff I was expecting a lot more from the FM, and maybe the LPGs too.

Still, pretty cool and it gives me some patching ideas for the gear I do have. I'm on the fence about picking up the Buchla plugin or going for the whole collection with the crossgrade offer... time to check out the other new stuff smile
david_r
No brainer for me. Last software I purchased was the last V collection, which I purchased because I went on a trip where I couldn't take hardware. Now I'm in the same situation, going on a trip where I can't take any hardware. Perfect timing. $199 for the upgrade, the easel is $99 alone... again, no brainer..
Orwell
its a pretty accurate easel emulation - love it. The effects section and added controls modulations allow you to jump over a seemingly bizarre limitation:

"You cannot patch two cords into an input patch point."
• You can “pull” a maximum of three cords from an output patch point."

WTF very frustrating

The hardware easel can do strange noises when you stack patch cords!

I'll email Arturia an update request.
Tropic Al
The hyperbole on the website says

we meticulously recreated the rare 1973 Buchla Music Easel right down to the component level.

which made me laugh because the front panel design is the BEMI!

Guess no one pointed that out to them lol.

But I checked out the free demo and it sounds pretty good for a plug in and for especially for the price, the reverb sounds great!
x2mirko
Tropic Al wrote:
The hyperbole on the website says

we meticulously recreated the rare 1973 Buchla Music Easel right down to the component level.

which made me laugh because the front panel design is the BEMI!

Guess no one pointed that out to them lol.

I doubt that this was an oversight. There clearly is some sort of licensing deal with BEMI going on, so it makes sense that they would want their own branding on there. Whether or not they actually made the particular easel that was modelled, they own the rights to it now.
Orwell
has slow fast vactrols options for the lpg.

would have been interesting to have the 1970s and modern options.

I can confirm: the bemi V keyboard works fine and all the other functions work unlike some of the bemi easels, lol.
pixelmechanic
Was fun to play with for 20mins, gave me some new ideas as to how to approach my Easel-esque stuff in my Euro rig.
Gribs
starthief wrote:
I bought Analog Lab 2 at a ridiculous discount some time back, and now I see it's automatically upgraded to 3. And a $249 upgrade offer for V Collection 6. Not bad...

Hmmm.... I own and have registered Collection 5, a SparkLE, a Beatstep Pro, and a Keystation 88, and my upgrade offer was $199. I think you got the better deal.

This time around, the Easel is the only synth added to Collection that interests me. The DX-7 would be interesting if not for FM-8 and the CMI thing is cool but ultimately not going to get much attention. I am going to wait and see if Arturia throws a sale with a better offer sometime in the future.
starthief
Gribs wrote:
Hmmm.... I own and have registered Collection 5, a SparkLE, a Beatstep Pro, and a Keystation 88, and my upgrade offer was $199. I think you got the better deal.

There's been a lot of heated discussion about the weird upgrade pricing elsewhere. As somebody who doesn't have V Collection, I can get 21 instruments for $250, whereas you would get 4 for $200.

But then, I don't use software synths much anymore, most of the collection would never be used, and aside from the Buchla I can already get similar sounds out of other stuff I own. I've spent a lot in the last couple of months, so I'm inclined to just use the Buchla demo for inspiration in my hardware patches and see if I still want it when it inevitably gets discounted later.
Muzone
Easel is already at "introductory price" of €99 (from €199), I'm not up with s/w pricing, is it likely to drop below this ?
starthief
Good point. Arturia had a Black Friday sale with 50% off normal prices on their individual plugins, so maybe not.
wavecircle
Isn't Aalto $99?

FM8 is also cheaper.
starthief
Somehow I wasn't aware of Aalto. Seems promising in videos, I'll have to try a demo thumbs up
The Space Disco
Buchla has an Easel remote app for the iPad to control the real deal. Wouldnt it be amazing if that buchla app was compatible with arturias easel...? That would be so amazing... I love arturias Buchla Easel! Mapped it out to my launchcontrol xl.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3