MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Volta Updates?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author Volta Updates?
Buckage
I thought I remembered hearing about an update for Volta a while ago on here. Any murmurs in the Strettasphere?
oliviaarthur
Man - i wish! it could be sweet, but it deffinatly needs some work
emergencyofstate
i'd love to be able map volta's parameters if nothing else.
oliviaarthur
emergencyofstate wrote:
+1
MrBiggs
Yeah I have Volta but have considered switching to Silent Way just because of the silent way in which MOTU seems to be dealing with Volta. Os told me I'd be sorry. Hope he's not right...
emergencyofstate
oliviaarthur wrote:
emergencyofstate wrote:
+1

you know, at the time I was ignorant to the fact that I could "configure" volta's plug-in parameters in Live so I could automate them...which I was what I meant by mapping parameters.

My complaints now are having to use the dongle (which is so fucked up now that I have to tweak up at a 30 degree angle to make a proper connection)

that and Volta's not so desireable way of changing parameter values inside the UI. (having to click, hold, and drag as opposed to being able to type in a value, or pull a slider)
Analog>Plugins
Sound of tumble weed blowing across the desert.........

seriously, i just don't get it
Waz
This is why paying 100's or 1000's of dollars for software sucks. It'll either be a paid update or a buggy free one!

*edit
Open Source!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oliviaarthur
emergencyofstate wrote:
oliviaarthur wrote:
emergencyofstate wrote:
+1

you know, at the time I was ignorant to the fact that I could "configure" volta's plug-in parameters in Live so I could automate them...which I was what I meant by mapping parameters.

i was not aware that this was possible--
I just sat through a MOTU training at work - when i asked about an update- i was brushed off-
doubt there will ever be one
giorgio
there is an update. but they changed the name to "silent way" or something like that
emergencyofstate
yeah it's completely up in the air, which is part of the reason i switched over to silent way.
Bath House
I'm another who's jumped ship to Silent Way. Volta has two major issues that have crippled it for me (one is detailed in the dedicated thread I made for it) - but the main one is that it constantly loses my calibration/the pitch scaling goes wonky mid-session. I find myself constantly calibrating, and often have to nuke the plugin mid-session then re-load it with defaults in order to get it to stop "remembering" the bad scaling. Was really driving me insane. Silent Way calibrates in a snap and then never goes weird like Volta does.

Also, Silent way is just cooler - lots of neat features, the type of stuff that Volta should have gotten in updates. It feels like abandonware these days.
dogoftears
i've been confused since the day i opened the plug in why there is no internal mod-matrix. i mean OBVIOUSLY i want to mod an LFO w/ another LFO...
does silent way do this? maybe it's time to switch. i do use Volta still in every single project. ill never getting over having stacks of midi syncd LFOs.

also does silent way have the envelope stages as automatable parameters?
os
I'll be glad to answer all your Silent Way questions over at the Expert Sleepers forum.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1