MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Thanks to FSFX. Excellent job! SOU5u
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Thanks to FSFX. Excellent job! SOU5u
Synthoholic
Wunderbar!

gregae
Sweet! applause
Flareless
eek! WOW applause

I don't know what it does yet, but I gotta get me one of them!
Eric the Red
I’ve never heard of that Module, but damn!! That looks amazing.

At first glance, it looked like it said “Interagator” in the bottom left corner, nd had a funny thought of big 5U modular interrogating a Little Euro rack...

Can you give us a peek of what this bad boy does?

-Eric
ualslosar
What it does?

Uncertain !
lasesentaysiete
its a Buchla random voltage generator (simplified description).
bwhittington
Wow, great to see that panel design reappear. My favorite of the 5U SOU's. Pretty and logical.
Jamnuska
Was wondering why there was no Buchla-esque modules in 5U?

Feel free to school me on that statement.
sduck
bwhittington wrote:
My favorite of the 5U SOU's. Pretty and logical.


As well it should be! Much better laid out than the MOTM version -

Buchla 266 Source of Uncertainty clone front by Stephen Drake, on Flickr

I tried to design a better MOTM version at one point, but gave up and just used this panel, as there was a readily available adaptor pcb available for it.

BTW this and many other buchla style circuits are available at https://electricmusicstore.com/collections/all - although they're all designed for the original 4U, banana style panels, so some serious adaptation needs to happen to get them into 5U.
Dave Peck
Jamnuska wrote:
Was wondering why there was no Buchla-esque modules in 5U?

Feel free to school me on that statement.


Sputnik does (or at least they did, don't know if these are still available). Here's all MU modules from Sputnik, several of which are Buchla-esque:

https://www.modulargrid.net/d/modules/browser?SearchName=&SearchVendor =242&SearchFunction=&SearchSecondaryfunction=&SearchTe=&SearchTemethod =max&SearchBuildtype=&SearchLifecycle=&SearchSet=all&SearchMarketplace =&SearchIsmodeled=0&SearchShowothers=1&SearchShow1u=0&order=newest&dir ection=asc
cornutt
sduck wrote:


As well it should be! Much better laid out than the MOTM version -


Yeah. Generally I prefer the MOTM-style of keeping the jacks at the bottom, but this is one place where it didn't work out very well.
JohnLRice
Synthoholic wrote:
Wunderbar!

love
Jamnuska
Dave Peck wrote:
Jamnuska wrote:
Was wondering why there was no Buchla-esque modules in 5U?

Feel free to school me on that statement.


Sputnik does (or at least they did, don't know if these are still available). Here's all MU modules from Sputnik, several of which are Buchla-esque:

https://www.modulargrid.net/d/modules/browser?SearchName=&SearchVendor =242&SearchFunction=&SearchSecondaryfunction=&SearchTe=&SearchTemethod =max&SearchBuildtype=&SearchLifecycle=&SearchSet=all&SearchMarketplace =&SearchIsmodeled=0&SearchShowothers=1&SearchShow1u=0&order=newest&dir ection=asc


Thanks.

$1000 bucks for West Coast Random? Can get it in Euroland for $299!

Nice looking panel by the way.
Synthoholic
Does anyone know how the Sample and Hold operates?
bwhittington
Edited possible bad infos. eek! woah waah
defutura
From someone in this thread:

Quote:
1 - the INTEGRATOR slews voltages.. for example you can run the stepped output of the S&H into this and get the classic slewed R2D2 effect

2 - S&H Pulse in with 2 jacks above it = those are alternating pulse outputs

3 - S&H CV out with 2 jacks above it and "alt." = those are alternating cv outs

4 - "alt." = alternate

5 - CV vs pulse = the top 2 sections are fluctuating random voltages.. the time and voltage fluctuate.. the CV jacks there are for controlling the degree remotely..

pulse sections are pulse activated random voltages the CV in the 1st section uses a CV to select the # of states. the CV in the section below controls the skew (high to/or low order)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group