Rossum Electro-Music Assimil8or

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

inoshi
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Rossum Electro-Music Assimil8or

Post by inoshi » Wed May 20, 2020 11:32 am

wavejockey wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:24 am
remember you can't do any 'live' looping/slicing on the Assmil8tor
oh... really? i thought that that is an essential function... then are samples only loaded manually? or do you mean slicing can't be done in an automated way?

andybizarre
Wiggling with Experience

Post by andybizarre » Wed May 20, 2020 2:29 pm

inoshi wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:32 am
wavejockey wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:24 am
remember you can't do any 'live' looping/slicing on the Assmil8tor
oh... really? i thought that that is an essential function... then are samples only loaded manually? or do you mean slicing can't be done in an automated way?
There`s automated sampling and channel assignment, but you have to "explode" (that what`s slicing to different zones is called with the Assimil8or) that sample later. Exploding and zone assignment are automated as well, but it`s an offline process.

JCM
Common Wiggler

Post by JCM » Wed May 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Last edited by JCM on Tue May 26, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

nicholasponcedeleon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nicholasponcedeleon » Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Assimil8or user here and new to this particular forum, hello! :sb:
I have encountered the same issue of the sample disappearing after powering off my A8. To FIX this I found that if BEFORE sampling into A8, you exit the sample setup menu (once armed) and enter the channels main menu (possibly any menu other than sample setup) it will then save the sampling setup.

Somehow the sampling setup is never saved and established before the sample is recorded so it then disappears from the sd card. The sample can still be used and manipulated until it is powered off because of the internal sd card that is used for temporarily loading samples.

I hope this helps or someone can expand and or confirm this scenario. Thank you!
:tu:

Zappata
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Zappata » Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am

Does anybody know if looping of a sample in both directions with crossfades (as in Ableton Live Sampler or Bitbox etc) is something that could be implemented on a firmware update? this basic functionality is so crucial for smooth pads or any long sustained tones that not having it it's probably a deal breaker for me...

Return to “Eurorack Modules”