MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Old drum machines converted to eurorack?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Old drum machines converted to eurorack?
DSC
I usually don't hype a release, but I have been having too much fun with a couple of old drum machines, so I decided to seriously go after them and do some obvious CV modding.

Based on the euro form factor, what old drum machines do you think could and should be converted to eurorack?

Here is what I have been working on, should have it ready with video demo this time next month.

rayultine
umm yes please
Chopper
Dude! eek! applause
TemplarK
Sorry, I don't get it, what have you been working on? I expected a hidden link in the sentence? Or you just mean you've been working on old drum machines?

I want the one from Baldwins Fun Factory thanks xD
Astrolabe23
I'm in the process of converting / modding a drumfire DF-500 into Eurorack form with lots of CV control and extras. I have the ch 1 kick module finished and the other modules mostly done on the breadboard prototype stage. It's sounds sick. I have had the Drumfire for decades and it's great to breath some new life and functionality into it. Hopefully I will have it finished this coming year.

DSC
Astrolabe23 wrote:
I'm in the process of converting / modding a drumfire DF-500 into Eurorack form with lots of CV control and extras. I have the ch 1 kick module finished and the other modules mostly done on the breadboard prototype stage. It's sounds sick. I have had the Drumfire for decades and it's great to breath some new life and functionality into it. Hopefully I will have it finished this coming year.

This is awesome! Looks like a huge amount of work! My efforts have not been that ambitious, but I just can't help that the prices for older drum machines, especially ones released in the 80's and 90's, have come down so low. It is great to find new life in older equipment.

Some have plenty of memory and song saving ability and some are battery powered, which like the DR-220 series is great for working off of eurorack power supply standards.

I was drawn to the DR-220's because they also have been circuit bent with lots of great 'bends'. Mostly rolling breaks and 'off' timing, pattern bending and the like. These would be easy to control with CV!

Rex Coil 7
DSC wrote:
I usually don't hype a release, but I have been having too much fun with a couple of old drum machines, so I decided to seriously go after them and do some obvious CV modding.

Based on the euro form factor, what old drum machines do you think could and should be converted to eurorack?

Here is what I have been working on, should have it ready with video demo this time next month.

Is that the drum machine you bought from me a few months back?

Holy Shit!

You said you were going to do that to it, but I thought to myself "yea right". Wow did I ever underestimate you!

Really nice man!

thumbs up
DSC
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

Yep, this little guy is great!! I also am converting the DR-220A too! Connecting two of them together is too much fun thumbs up
dongle thief
looks dead nice. look foward to sound sample
great work dude
pieter
dongle thief wrote:
great work dude

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd say it's going to sound like a Boss Dr-220E... screaming goo yo
DSC
pieter wrote:
dongle thief wrote:
great work dude

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd say it's going to sound like a Boss Dr-220E... screaming goo yo

Yes, true dat, but have you ever heard a DR-220 on WEED?????!!!!??????

Rex Coil 7
DSC wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

Yep, this little guy is great!! I also am converting the DR-220A too! Connecting two of them together is too much fun thumbs up

eek!

Hmmm .... hmmm.....

Ok, so now that you're done playing around with it I want it back ..... just like it is in the picture. So get busy and box it up, send it back to me. We'll just call what you paid me for it ~rent~.

thumbs up Yuh ... that'll work out just great! (for me).

lol lol

cool
TemplarK
I don't see a picture in the opening post or a link at all I must be missing something right?

edit - AAHHHH now it makes sense my adblocker was stopping the picture from showing!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!! Wow!!! So damn nice!!! I've been so confused over this post lol!!!
funky catsmell
This is brilliant, DSC. One of these days you're going to have to put together a post detailing your design process & methods for euro conversions.
Rex Coil 7
TemplarK wrote:
I don't see a picture in the opening post or a link at all I must be missing something right?

edit - AAHHHH now it makes sense my adblocker was stopping the picture from showing!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!! Wow!!! So damn nice!!! I've been so confused over this post lol!!!
Ok, thaaat's better. I had read your post about this build and thought you were just being a *dick* .... your remarks now make sense, and I see you're not being a snarky butthead.

I kept thinking "wow! ... that's some smart-assed stuff coming from an FNG (fekking new guy)".

HAAHA!! lol lol

Glad you got your ad-blocker issue fixed!
rayultine
Someone should convert a Linn drum LM2 to euro Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
eeling
Yes ! These are looking amazing.
Are there any online resources that you have found useful in putting these together?
WaveRider
Astrolabe23 wrote:
I'm in the process of converting / modding a drumfire DF-500

I had a drumfire, don't remember the model, but that drum synth sounded awesome. I had a tr808 and a 909 at the time, but the drumfire was a way better drum synth including a ton of killer bass drums and snares.

It is a piece of gear I should never got rid of like my CS60. cry
DSC
eeling wrote:
Yes ! These are looking amazing.
Are there any online resources that you have found useful in putting these together?

Yep, a cool french chap posted most of what you need to play thumbs up
http://bitcrusher.free.fr/index-eng.php?page=shematic3

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1