MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Garrr... Finally have some loot for a few modules! lol...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Garrr... Finally have some loot for a few modules! lol...
tragedybysyntax
So... I pulled almost 400 bucks out of my ass! lol
Looking at noisebug and analoghaven like mad.. trying to figure out what to add to my system.

Thinking I need more sequencing shat.
Here is what my system consists of thus far...

blacet VCO
blacet ADSR
MOTM Lowpass Filter
Bananalogue VCS
blacet miniwave
Metalbox Sequential Switch

Livewire AFG
ModDemod
TYme Sefari
Malgorithm
Polivoks
tip top Z5000

Moogerfooger mf107
Sherman FB2

Any suggestions? THinking about a hex zone to play with my sequential switch and maybe a doepfer clock divider to get some nutty rythms.
Also thought about just getting a few Plan B things.....

THIS SHIT IS SO HARD! IT's like... what to get first u know? lol..... Could also just order a wiard noisering or a zorlon cannon. Fuking decisions.

Would love Input guys! smile
dkcg
You need some random generators. smile

If I had a frac system, I think I would have gotten the Improbability Drive that's sitting at Noisebug and maybe squeeze enough to buy 22tape's Zorlon he has for sale. Guinness ftw!

I should start pimpin' modules part time...
Kent
Oy, I'm a sucker for sequencing and time-based items.

Do you care about which format? Euro? Frac? Standalone?

What are your requirements? What do you want to do in the future and what can't you do right now?

I've got the Analogue Solutions GT8, 8 step sequencer, MC01 & the FS01.
Also the Doepfer MAQ 16/3 which does MIDI and CV/Gate at the same time.
Let me know if you are interested in any of these items and I'll do my best.
e-grad
In my opinion your system lacks some basic modules. How can you do without a mixer and multiples? No noise source either! eek!

Blacet: Mixer/Proc; Mult./Attent. and Improb. Drive. are within your 400 buck range.

Just realised the lack of VCAs, any? eek! Does the Sherman has 1 or 2 on board?
tragedybysyntax
OH... I have a CGS mixer almost done and I have multiples built into my rack ears, hehe. smile
tragedybysyntax
OH shit... forgot I have the Plan B Model 28 tapclock as well. Sorry.
tragedybysyntax
always liked that Doepfer 143-2 quad adsr. Awesome how you can send the outs back into the next in.... lil sequencing action. Plus the ability to adjust the adsr RANGE. Hmmm.
parasitk
Get a Noise Ring already!
tragedybysyntax
K... here is what I bought.

Doepfer Bus Board (wohoo.....but I had to)
Oakley Lag (Free's up my vcs for crazy shit)
Blacet Improbabilty Drive

smile
parasitk
Those are good too! (Get a Noise Ring at some point ANYWAY)
tragedybysyntax
Oh... i am next. I'm going to take pics of my 83' Hamer special tonight to sell.

Should be able to get enough out of it to... get a noisering and possibly start a modcan a system... wink
parasitk
tragedybysyntax wrote:
get a noisering and possibly start a modcan a system... wink

Bitch. Start me one while you're at it please!
consumed
after consideration, i believe you need, in order:

VCAS (if you can switch between lin and exp, all the better)
plan B lowpass gate (use it like an audio vca to free up other VCAs for CV work)
envelopes/LFOs! (get the a-143-1 and you'll be set!)
get a VC switch next!

after that, get some time/trigger/gate based stuff.

dont bother with more oscillators, filters or audio processors, you're pretty much set for now. I.M.O.
Luka
hope you dont mind if i just in and ask a similar question in this thread,
well i am just finalising my system, i wonder if people can find some holes in my processing capabilities just in case there are some essentials i am missing.

TH tau phaser (20 pole phaser)
TH neural agoniszer (reverb, audio damager)
cgs Steiner Vcf (state variable filter)
Yusynth ems vcf (low pass filter)
5672 tube vcf (distortion / filter)
5672 tube vca (distortion / vca)
mankato vcf (filter / quadrature modulation source)

quad low pass gates (filter / vca)
cgs wave mult (wave shape)
buchla quad function generator (compex envelopes)
tellun doomsday machine (waveshaper and lfo source)
cgs utility lfo (simple lfo)
cgs matrix mixer
cgs/bride chamber analog computer (comperators/logic/clock div)
digisound I-O processor(mic/line inputs, envelope follower, lag, inverter)

klee sequencer (muti-bit analog sequencer)
duall wogglebug / ring modem (cv and audio source + ring mod galore)
dual cgs vco (multi waveshape vco with external wavshaping)

am i missing any key areas?
all made with bananas so i dont need mulitples
neandrewthal
The only glaring thing is some "regular" VCA's that can handle CV's too. Some switches would be cool too. Hoy many audio and CV inputs do you have on your modules? Maybe some "regular" mixers would be good too.
Luka
i dont have many vcas, just the lpgs. good point
i have some mixers, they are in some of my filters with multiple ins. i had a direct out as as well as a filter out on the panel which just is the output of the summing amp
e-grad
Luka wrote:
some holes in my processing capabilities

If it comes to processing (external signals) I'd miss the following devices:

1) a *good* freq. shifter, i.e. one with a very littly minimal shift. I use an Encore one which works great and think the Doepfer A126 of little use.

2) ring/balanced modulator. I'd love to have the Real Ring Mod. by Ken Stone. For IC based balanced mod. the AD633 is usually considered to be great. The Blacet Klangwerk is AD633 based. Yusynth has a fine b.m. (diff. IC) which also processes CV.

3) Absolutely necessary IMO is a Fixed Filter Bank or Resonance Filter. I like to have both. I've got the RS360 by Analogue Systems which is great however in the future I'll give the MOTM Resonance Filter a try. Just have sold my Doepfer FFB which will be replaced by a Yusynth FFB.
Kent
The Binary Zone (Blacet) is a natural companion to the Plan B Tap Clock. Together, they pretty much rule the universe.
Luka
thanks for you suggestions

e-grad wrote:
Luka wrote:
some holes in my processing capabilities

If it comes to processing (external signals) I'd miss the following devices:

1) a *good* freq. shifter, i.e. one with a very littly minimal shift. I use an Encore one which works great and think the Doepfer A126 of little use.

I have the JH FS-1 waiting to be built, it is in the backlog smile

Quote:

2) ring/balanced modulator. I'd love to have the Real Ring Mod. by Ken Stone. For IC based balanced mod. the AD633 is usually considered to be great. The Blacet Klangwerk is AD633 based. Yusynth has a fine b.m. (diff. IC) which also processes CV.

There is a CGS Real Ring Modem (2 Real Ring Mods) in my wogglebug panel smile
Quote:

3) Absolutely necessary IMO is a Fixed Filter Bank or Resonance Filter. I like to have both. I've got the RS360 by Analogue Systems which is great however in the future I'll give the MOTM Resonance Filter a try. Just have sold my Doepfer FFB which will be replaced by a Yusynth FFB.

[/quote]
i know it isnt modular but i have a graphic EQ rack sitting here that my friend gave to me so that is the equivalent of a FFB. There are a few resonant filters in there, but u i have some triple resonant filters in the backlog too. smile

Thanks gents
e-grad
Impressing system, Luka!

However, what I love about my RS360 Filterbank is it's ability to selfoscillate. Filterringing with it's three filters sound incredibly cool!
Luka
well it isnt built yet
i just wanted a little info on the selection before i complete enough modules to fit the rack im building., i told myself once it is done i am not allowed to build any more modules until i actually WRITE SOME MUSIC!!! hehe
seems like all im doing is building building building and not making music

i think it has something to do with the amount of time i am on the net, which is a byproduct of doing homework 24/7. this will be over soon and ill actually step away from this computer for once. oh that will be nice.

yeh right so self oscillation. i have a pcb layout ready to make the yusynth FFB but im not really ready to commit to that yet perhaps in the next rack.
e-grad
Luka wrote:
well it isnt built yet [...] perhaps in the next rack.

Incredibly close to my situation.

Just realised that I would miss some time based effects. Even though reverbs, BBD-delays are often considered to add spacial effects (next to phas. and flang. FX, off course) they should be considred as waveshapers as well. I.e. the Doepfer spring reverb doesn't produce any realistic spacial effect but makes a good waveshaper like any BBD-delay.

Digital delays can be used for waveshaping as well esp. if they've got a CV-In. Using signals at audio rates (or close to) at the CV-In of an analogue and digital delay is way cool for processing.
neandrewthal
Luka wrote:
i told myself once it is done i am not allowed to build any more modules until i actually WRITE SOME MUSIC!!!

Haha. That doesn't work hihi
Luka
i think i picked some holes i my rig i might change it.
i think ill pass on the tau phaser and doomsday machine so i can fit in a quantizer and noise source and also add a bank of vcas and perhaps some more adsrs that i have lying around and perhaps a quad lfo if i can fit it in.

smile
tragedybysyntax
K... well back to me! I've got about 400 now to spend on the system again.
Thinking that a-143-1 and the a-160 clock divider.
Already ordered the dalek modulator!
Then.... come xmas order a noisering smile

Good ideas?
I like how I can use the 143 as 4 seperate lfo's/eg's or lock them up to my sequencer in stages with my tap clock and use it as another "animation" device.

or do i go with a zorlon cannon before i go with a 143-1...hmmm.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3