MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blue Lantern Mini Cobalt Smelter Lab
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Blue Lantern Mini Cobalt Smelter Lab
logarythmic
Hi Everyone,

I bought this BL module recently, but there's absolutely no manual to be found, either on the BL website or YouTube.

I get several of the functions - and by the way the filters sound really great.

However I don't get most of the other functions. I've never seen VCA inputs on a VCF before, let alone a sequencer input.

If you could shed some light on it, that'd be great. PS: I emailed Flavio, but I didn't get any answer. Foxtone, who sold it to me, also didn't have much info and advised I inspire from manuals for other BL modules.

Trebbers
I assume that the VCA IN is just so you can use the VCA section separate from the rest of the module.

Was going to suggest that the SQ IN was a 1v/oct input, but there's a attenuverter for FM AND a knob for MOD. Maybe a separate input for the subharmonic generator?
TemplarK
I had a Asteroid Operator and it has a totally independent VCA on it too. It's just there for convienience.
euromorcego
logarythmic wrote:

I bought this BL module recently, but there's absolutely no manual to be found, either on the BL website or YouTube.
[...]
However I don't get most of the other functions. I've never seen VCA inputs on a VCF before, let alone a sequencer input.

First: the absence of a manual is something you might check before buying something (if it bothers you). wink

Second: a VCA on a VCF is not entirely uncommon, quite a few have one (Ripples, TipTop), also quite a few DIY (because with a fairly common design you have a spare VCA available already)

Third: I assume that the Mini Cobalt Smelter is somewhat similar to the non-Mini Cobalt Smelter. It consists of a line input (in addition to the synth input), a suboscillator that derives a square wave from the signal, a filter (obviously) and a VCA.

Here is the signal flow of the Cobalt Smelter, it might be a good starting point to understand the Mini as well (even though both are not identical):
http://www.analoguehaven.com/bluelantern/cobaltsmelterlab/signalchart. jpg
esko997
Trebbers wrote:
Was going to suggest that the SQ IN was a 1v/oct input, but there's a attenuverter for FM AND a knob for MOD. Maybe a separate input for the subharmonic generator?

thumbs up

Yeah I have the Asteroid VCF, its for the subharmonic generator.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1