MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Swirls/Lamb (8hp Tides/Sheep)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Swirls/Lamb (8hp Tides/Sheep)
electric mist
Hi there,
I have done this thing.


I love Tides and I need more in my small setup. So here we are.
The panel is double side. One side for the original Tides firmware, the other side for Sheep.
The files are here .
Cheers.
rizoma
applause applause Cool, did you made this using available info online from mutuable instruments?
electric mist
Quote:
Cool, did you made this using available info online from mutuable instruments?

Yes I did. All the Eagle files for all the modules are available on the MI Github.
rizoma
Neat! Did you solder them too? That qfp is so clean! Can you post side facing pictures?
electric mist
Quote:
Did you solder them too? That qfp is so clean! Can you post side facing pictures?

With the right tools it’s totally doable smile
Some side pics :

adam
looks great smile
rizoma
electric mist wrote:

With the right tools it’s totally doable smile

Just a single board! Nice! thumbs up
So did you used hot air soldering iron?
electric mist
Quote:
So did you used hot air soldering iron?

Yes I did for most of the components. But I use a classic soldering iron with a small chisel tip and a lot of flux for the fine pitch ic’s.
rizoma
electric mist wrote:
Yes I did for most of the components. But I use a classic soldering iron with a small chisel tip and a lot of flux for the fine pitch ic’s.

I thought the exact opposite! May I ask why?
Altitude909
Nice layout..
electric mist
Quote:
I thought the exact opposite! May I ask why?

I’m more confident this way. I find it difficult to dispense the right amount of solder paste without a stencil and I prefer to take a little more time to place the part and dont have to deal with solder bridges. But sometime I use hot air for everything, it depends on the mood smile
stringsthings
Nice!
StudentsOfTheFuture
Oh my god I literally opened Muffwiggler to see if anyone was working on something like this and this was the top topic.

Thank you!
rizoma
electric mist wrote:
I’m more confident this way. I find it difficult to dispense the right amount of solder paste without a stencil and I prefer to take a little more time to place the part and dont have to deal with solder bridges. But sometime I use hot air for everything, it depends on the mood smile

Thanks for the infos!
I would love to do something like that in the future, now, I'm just etching/drilling my pcbs and panels (it's a real drudge work very frustrating ) I'm working on a extended baby10 sequencer and fixing my diy nonsense 15v from scratch eurorack system. One day! meh
electric mist
Quote:
I'm working on a extended baby10 sequencer

If you are interested in a DIY sequencer and if you want to start working with smd you should take a look at the Atumbra Rot8.
http://www.antumbra.eu/modules/rot8
It’s a great sequencer.
rizoma
electric mist wrote:
If you are interested in a DIY sequencer and if you want to start working with smd you should take a look at the Atumbra Rot8.
http://www.antumbra.eu/modules/rot8
It’s a great sequencer.

I think I saw that one, looks cool! But I'm extending the baby 10 sequencer myself as an exercise I lay out the pcb, after that I would like to get pcbs manufactured.
I like the way you shrinked those modules and I would like to do something similar.
Anyway I'm not interested in building stuff from kits!
I'm also interested in programming micros(I think I will do a quantizer from scratch).
So, yeah, lots of stuff and can't get any consistency nanners
electric mist
Quote:
But I'm extending the baby 10 sequencer myself as an exercise I lay out the pcb,

This was the idea too with this project.
The nice thing with MI stuff is there’s a lot of useful informations in the original design files.
ubiquiphilia
very nice
khyber
Good work, very excited to have one of these as Tides is indispensable in my rig.
CeeJay
electric mist wrote:
The panel is double side. One side for the original Tides firmware, the other side for Sheep.
khyber
derp d'oh!
Pozzetronics
I am struggling to open the board (V1 or V1.1) file..is says "line 8, column 16: This is not an EAGLE file."

Also, has V1.1 been tested yet?
electric mist
Pozzetronics wrote:
I am struggling to open the board (V1 or V1.1) file..is says "line 8, column 16: This is not an EAGLE file."

Also, has V1.1 been tested yet?

I just tried to download the .brd files and both work fine in Eagle 7.6.
I don’t know what is the issue you encounter.
The v1.1 in untested yet.
If you’re plan is to have some boards made, don’t forget to built the ground plane (running the ratsnest function) before you export your Gerber files.
And don’t forget to check the .cam files requirement of your pcb fabhouse.
I use EasyEda for my proto boards cause they provide their cam files and you can check your board in the Gerber Viewer.
Altitude909
Pozzetronics wrote:
I am struggling to open the board (V1 or V1.1) file..is says "line 8, column 16: This is not an EAGLE file."

Also, has V1.1 been tested yet?


You need to download the raw file. Just download the zip of the repo and it will be fine
Pozzetronics
Thank you!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group