MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Swirls/Lamb (8hp Tides/Sheep)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Swirls/Lamb (8hp Tides/Sheep)
electric mist
Hey. Did someone build it? I would be curious to have opinions.
Altitude909
electric mist wrote:
Hey. Did someone build it? I would be curious to have opinions.

Yeah, works fine. There were some clearance issues and I added PSI power on mine but overall, it was fine. Good layout
electric mist
Altitude909 wrote:
Yeah, works fine. There were some clearance issues and I added PSI power on mine but overall, it was fine. Good layout

Cool. On which area do you had some clearance issues ?
Altitude909
all over. Download the PCBway DRC (which is "standard" design specs for most fabs) and run it, it will find them all. Also, your via's were kind of large diameter wise. I usually go 13 mils on those so they always get tented and they can print over them
electric mist
ok. I used the DRC of the original module. No probs with my boards from EasyEda. I had check with them before I ordered some. Next time i’ll check other pcb house specs. Yeah the via’s are a bit large I notice this. Smaller ones would have made the routing process easier...
Thanks for the feedback !
Altitude909
It's probably splitting hairs about the clearances, I doubt it will trip anyone up

What I changed:

Thonkiconn jacks, the holes were painfully small on those.
added PSIpower
Changed crystal to smaller size
adjusted vias to 13mil
trip
Altitude909 would you be willing to share your updated eagle files? Been meaning to make those changes myself but haven't got round to it.
Altitude909
trip wrote:
Altitude909 would you be willing to share your updated eagle files? Been meaning to make those changes myself but haven't got round to it.

Yeah, I just need to update the BOM and I'll publish everything
tetsutestu
EDIT: Managed to fix it! Replaced the OP-AMPs, one of which I had placed incorrectly; and replaced a transistor as well. Yay!
How awesome to have a working Tides in 8HP.
Thanks Electric Mist!!!

Hi! I guess this is place to go for advice on Swirls.
I managed to build my Pusherman version "successfully" but I'm having some issues with low volume and a loud humming sound from the UNI and HIGH output.
The weird thing is is that I can hear the module working (ie. I can hear quantized sequences coming from the UNI out, but barely audible over the hum. (the BI out works perfectly BTW)
Is this a ground problem?
I did a finger test and I found that if I touch adjacent jacks with my finger the volume increases. So I decided to connect the bottommost legs of the BI and UNI jacks to each other with a wire. This brought the volume up, but the humming noise still persists.
Aside from this, the functionality of the module seems normal. I'm flummoxed!
Can anybody suggest a possible solution here? Where should I be looking?

FYI, here is a short clip of the UNI out humming noise:
https://soundcloud.com/joshua-stefane/swirls-uni-out-humming-noise/s-P B96P
Altitude909
trip wrote:

https://github.com/altitude909/Eurorack/tree/master/SwirlsV1.2
trip
Altitude909 wrote:

https://github.com/altitude909/Eurorack/tree/master/SwirlsV1.2

we're not worthy
wedaman
Hello

I tried installing Sheep Firmware after making Swirls.
I pressed the A button with power on. The problem is that the three LEDs do not blink yellow. Three LEDs are flashing red. Of course Sheep Firmware can not be installed.
Do I have to install Firmware again from jtag?
electric mist
wedaman wrote:

I tried installing Sheep Firmware after making Swirls.
I pressed the A button with power on. The problem is that the three LEDs do not blink yellow. Three LEDs are flashing red. Of course Sheep Firmware can not be installed.
Do I have to install Firmware again from jtag?

Does the module operate properly with the Tides firmware ?
wedaman
Thank you for your reply.

Quote:

Yes, It works with Tides firmware.
Altitude909
wedaman wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

Quote:

Yes, It works with Tides firmware.

How did u install tides?
wedaman
Quote:
How did u install tides?

Thanks Altitude909.
I used win10, vagrant and ST-Link V2.
wedaman
Thank you everyone.

My problem was solved.
I thought there was a problem around the LEDs circuit. I checked the schematics.
Three LEDs were connected to STM32F103CBT6.
It was difficult to solder the STM32F103CBT6. I soldered it again.
When I press the A button with power on, the three LEDs blink yellow.
After that I could install Sheep firmware. hyper

Swirls / Lamb is a wonderful module !
electric mist
wedaman wrote:
Thank you everyone.

My problem was solved.
I thought there was a problem around the LEDs circuit. I checked the schematics.
Three LEDs were connected to STM32F103CBT6.
It was difficult to solder the STM32F103CBT6. I soldered it again.
When I press the A button with power on, the three LEDs blink yellow.
After that I could install Sheep firmware. hyper

Glad you’ve fixed it.
Enjoy !
zlance
wedaman Did you build the entire board before you started flashing? I only loaded SMT components on the board and power connectors and I can't seem to get the STM32 visible by my stlink.

PS I got the 1.1 version pcbs
ilovesoldering
Hi guys

Does any body know the 2 diodes 1n5189W directions for this module? Couldn't work out from the pics...

Thanks!
pathein
from the perspective of looking at the board with diode side, red line to coincide with the line on the diode.

edited:board picture is from the 1.1 version

ilovesoldering
pathein
thank you so much!
electric mist
ilovesoldering wrote:
Hi guys

Does any body know the 2 diodes 1n5189W directions for this module? Couldn't work out from the pics...

Thanks!

Hey, you should use the Eagle files when you built. It’s useful to locate parts (with the “show” command) and look at the orientation. There’s also an ULP somewhere on the inter webs that allow to show parts per value. A game changer !
electric mist
Here it is :
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/how-to-highlight-all-resist ors-of-a-certain-value/td-p/7690441
ilovesoldering
electric mist wrote:
ilovesoldering wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks!

Hey, you should use the Eagle files when you built. It’s useful to locate parts (with the “show” command) and look at the orientation. There’s also an ULP somewhere on the inter webs that allow to show parts per value. A game changer !

Wow! Omg! Thank you! we were just talking about this kind of app when we were in the modular workshop a month a go!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3