MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CL > EURO > CL
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author CL > EURO > CL
slumberjack
anybody knows voltage specs of the in and outputs on CL especially sidrax?
darmklacht@gmail.com
Well no one replied so I´ll just give the quick answer:

I think everything is between 0 and 9. and will accept anything between 0 and 9

The browns on the Plumbutter have negative pulses right?
knows
From what I have read you should keep the browns within ciat lonbarde instruments.
slumberjack
anybody knows how responsive the man himself would be?
knows
Anything between before the next day and never.
From my experience.
Aucah187
I have 2 cocolases
1 sidrassi
and a cocquantis

ive tried to get readings off the tongs but i cant seem to sort out what the voltage situation is to get voltages off and onto the instruments either

I would like to
aux-in
I was trying to assemble CL > Euro info here.
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177436&highlight=
Some voltage info, I believe, in the links from the first post...
pugix
The voltages you see coming out of Sidrax, Tetrax, Plumbutter banana jacks is generally in the range of +2 to +7 volts. The brown jacks spike below ground, because of capacitor coupling. But negative voltage is not dangerous to any modular synthesizer input. Also, a negative voltage is not dangerous to any CL input, as long as the impedance is high.

You are all used to thinking in terms of voltages. However, the inputs on CL gear are not tuned to voltages. Some are very high impedance, 1 meg is typical. CL inputs convert any voltage to current, even zero volts will make a difference on CL inputs, because a low impedance zero volt connection will sink current. That's why patching the ground jack to say, the speed inputs on a cocoquantus will make them run even slower. Peter suggested that as a technique. What voltage is your finger putting on a node? Who cares? Voltage doesn't matter. What matters more is the impedance of whatever is connecting to a node. Your finger is high impedance, which is perfect for imparting subtle currents. A ground jack is close to zero ohms, which means it will sink a lot of current out of the node. OUT OF THE NODE. That's right. In modular synthesizers we don't usually think of a control voltage as pulling some current out of the input it's patched to. We think of it as going in.

CL gear inputs are current, not voltage sensitive. You have to think in terms of the impedance of the control line going in, not the voltage. Modular outputs are low impedance, typically 1K, compared to 10K on most CL gear outputs. The 10K resistor I've found on nearly every CL output is what makes it safe to stack outputs and patch anything to anything within CL.

When you want to patch a CV from a modular into CL gear, that's when the confusion starts, because you expect the input to be voltage-sensitive. No, it's impedance sensitive first. A good practice when patching into CL control inputs from a modular would be to insert a series resistor between 10K and 1M.
pugix
And BTW, recently I was patching the Sidrax oscillators (Red jacks) directly into Clouds inputs. Worked fine. Clouds doesn't care about the DC offset.

I made up some converter patch cables with a banana jack on one end and a mini plug on the other. Flexible test lead wire works great. I hate format jumblers. They use up two cables instead of one, and clutter an already cluttered patch, making you run all your cables through it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1