MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer A150-8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Doepfer A150-8
cptnal
Don't see a thread specifically for this subtle and deep-looking module, so here's one now. w00t

Considering getting one as an alternative to Shifty, and taking over from my A150, but also interested in the not-so-obvious ways wigglers are using this beast.

Over to you... This is fun!

Edit: Maybe I'm confusing with the A152 as a substitute for Shifty, but it underlines the point there's FA useful information on the interwebs about the A150-8. Still looks like a funky module. Let's hear it...
Shledge
Looks like a good compliment to the A-152. Looks a bit confusing on how to use it though.
DanPacific
Looks like a great module, but a quite different one to the Shifty & A-152. The latter shares functionality with the Shifty through its' Track & Hold. The A-150-8 on the other hand is "only" a set of inter-related voltage controllable switches which looks great, but it's quite different.
Dcramer
Yup, looks very cool and has some programmability of modes.

Doepfer product page:

http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm

I can’t help thinking that someone smarter than me could create some very interesting ‘patch programming’ for this thing woah

MarcelP
Dcramer wrote:

I can’t help thinking that someone smarter than me could create some very interesting ‘patch programming’ for this thing woah

On current evidence I think you are just the man for the job! we're not worthy
cptnal
Lots of comments reinforcing the point there's very little out there. Still early days I guess.

And thanks, DanPacific. Back to Plan A and the Shifty! hyper
Swain Voorman
Curious if anyone has gotten one of these yet? How's it going? Would it add anything interesting if someone already has a 151 and 152?
RLK
Swain Voorman wrote:
Curious if anyone has gotten one of these yet? How's it going? Would it add anything interesting if someone already has a 151 and 152?

I got one last week,
Haven't had opportunity to dig into this much , but it most closely behaves like the A-150, which I've used a lot alongside the A-152.
Of course this has manual switching, two modes, and channel slaving as well, so lots of possibilities.
Parnelli
I was experimenting with my Pico Seqs (which is only 4 way) triggering the TT Z-8000 tracks, but I could only do four channels at a time, and there's 10 ways to run the thing; one of these would be quite handy for that!

I was kinda going for a random-shuffle kind of CV generator, and what I came up with was interesting but limited by my switching abilities. I also ran our of quantisers.

And cables.

Damn, so much to buy, so little money!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1