MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer A150-8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Doepfer A150-8
cptnal
Don't see a thread specifically for this subtle and deep-looking module, so here's one now. w00t

Considering getting one as an alternative to Shifty, and taking over from my A150, but also interested in the not-so-obvious ways wigglers are using this beast.

Over to you... This is fun!

Edit: Maybe I'm confusing with the A152 as a substitute for Shifty, but it underlines the point there's FA useful information on the interwebs about the A150-8. Still looks like a funky module. Let's hear it...
Shledge
Looks like a good compliment to the A-152. Looks a bit confusing on how to use it though.
DanPacific
Looks like a great module, but a quite different one to the Shifty & A-152. The latter shares functionality with the Shifty through its' Track & Hold. The A-150-8 on the other hand is "only" a set of inter-related voltage controllable switches which looks great, but it's quite different.
Dcramer
Yup, looks very cool and has some programmability of modes.

Doepfer product page:

http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm

I can’t help thinking that someone smarter than me could create some very interesting ‘patch programming’ for this thing woah

MarcelP
Dcramer wrote:

I can’t help thinking that someone smarter than me could create some very interesting ‘patch programming’ for this thing woah

On current evidence I think you are just the man for the job! we're not worthy
cptnal
Lots of comments reinforcing the point there's very little out there. Still early days I guess.

And thanks, DanPacific. Back to Plan A and the Shifty! hyper
Swain Voorman
Curious if anyone has gotten one of these yet? How's it going? Would it add anything interesting if someone already has a 151 and 152?
RLK
Swain Voorman wrote:
Curious if anyone has gotten one of these yet? How's it going? Would it add anything interesting if someone already has a 151 and 152?

I got one last week,
Haven't had opportunity to dig into this much , but it most closely behaves like the A-150, which I've used a lot alongside the A-152.
Of course this has manual switching, two modes, and channel slaving as well, so lots of possibilities.
Parnelli
I was experimenting with my Pico Seqs (which is only 4 way) triggering the TT Z-8000 tracks, but I could only do four channels at a time, and there's 10 ways to run the thing; one of these would be quite handy for that!

I was kinda going for a random-shuffle kind of CV generator, and what I came up with was interesting but limited by my switching abilities. I also ran our of quantisers.

And cables.

Damn, so much to buy, so little money!
Dcramer
Anybody else snag one of these yet? hmmm.....
andybizarre
Not yet, but definitely will. This thing just begs to sit next to an A-152. Sequenced switching of drum sequences, turning all the unipolar function generators with inverted and end-of-anything outputs I own into bipolar ones, etc etc. I`m sure the A-150-8 will become a centerpiece of my setup. hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1