MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any module like boss LS-2 (A/B send/return)?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Any module like boss LS-2 (A/B send/return)?
diode_destroyer
Is there any module out there like the guitar pedal, boss LS-2 (A/B/Both send/return with gain/attenuation)? This would be fun to compare or parallel filters, etc. Thanks.
euromorcego
a modular is called modular for a reason. It should be straightforward to replicate the the functionality using one (or more) switches and maybe a mixer attenuator.
cptnal
euromorcego wrote:
a modular is called modular for a reason. It should be straightforward to replicate the the functionality using one (or more) switches and maybe a mixer attenuator.

Sounded a bit short dude, so I'm sure you didn't mean it like that. But, yeah - switches and VCAs/mixers. It's more like Boss trying to do modular than trying to recreate that pedal in Euro. This is fun!
pulsewidth
What about a Make Noise Rosie?
CaneMan
cptnal wrote:
It's more like Boss trying to do modular than trying to recreate that pedal in Euro. This is fun!

Seconded. That kind of routing just happens in modular by having the right basic utilities. Modular takes stuff that pedal makers try to pack into one pedal and breaks them into pieces. So if there's a pedal effect you can't find in modular, there's probably a patch for that.
Rex Coil 7
diode_destroyer wrote:
Is there any module out there like the guitar pedal, boss LS-2 (A/B/Both send/return with gain/attenuation)? This would be fun to compare or parallel filters, etc. Thanks.
I have to get in line with member *diode_destroyer's question. It's fair and worthy of an informed answer.

(That said ... looking in to the suggested "Rosie" by Make Noise).

I have three LS-2s ..... because there isn't anything in modular like them. They do a lot more than simple A/B>C stuff. ~Repatching~ isn't anywhere near as fast as pushing a foot switch to obtain a desired result .... at least not for less than a hunsky ($100.00 USD). The ability to change modes with the simple twist of a rotary switch also makes the LS-2 something that would cost a pile if done with modular.

So just tossing out the offhand ad hoc reply of "it's modular dude, it's called *modular* for reason" ... kinda the same as the smartassery of "just google it".

I'd be interested in learning about any module (note the singular) that can replicate the functions of the Boss LS-2 myself. Let's keep in mind the price range, and also module economy (that is to say, not having to use up six modules to perform half of the LS-2's ability ..... my own smartassery completed).

Anyone?

... crickets ...

seriously, i just don't get it
Rex Coil 7
As a half-reply to my own (and the OP's) inquiry, the Boss ES-5 and ES-8 look really interesting. Even though they cast a lot more than the LS-2. The ES-5 costs only 25% more than three LS-2s. I will admit!

Now, something like those units would be highly useful in modular form. The routing memory would be enormously useful, especially for those of us that use normalizing trunks that comprise over twenty CV signals.

Gotta wonder if those particular Boss units can handle modular voltage levels.

More research is clearly called for .....

thumbs up
Rex Coil 7
Looked at the Make Noise "Rosie" = nice, but fail. No cv control, no passive switching control.

To clarify, no way to remotely switch signals, such as a foot switch or gate or other means.

Boss LS-2 wins again ... it is a very versatile ~module~ ... no doubt!
diode_destroyer
Rosie has no switch. Yeah I get the whole modular thing, but man it would be convenient to have a single small module with an IN, OUT, SEND_A, RETURN_A, SEND_B, RETURN_B and knobs for at least adjusting the A and B gains (like the LS-2). The switching would be key though (like the LS-2), so that you could put just A in or bypass, put B in or bypass, put both A and B in for a parallel mix or bypass. I mean my bubble-sound xfade is awesome for what it does, but with a switch you could do immediate A/B comparisons. I have the skills to do this DIY, just was wondering if this type of utility already existed to save the time. Maybe the problem is that I don't have or know of any switching/routing modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1