MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Need help with my first rack for arpeggios / beats
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Need help with my first rack for arpeggios / beats
fuzz0r
So I decided I wanted to get into Eurorack and I've done a bit of research.
The focus for my first rack is to generate sounds that don't require a controller, mainly arpeggios and beats (blips and blops).

I have built 2 racks on ModularGrid - the first incorporating some drum modules, and the second including only oscillators.
The thought behind not including drum modules is that maybe it would be better to have an external drum machine (thinking of the MFB Tanzmaus) or just to build another dedicated beats rack later on.

I'm sure the racks are not ideal, and I would be grateful if you would take a look and let me know what I'm missing / what should be changed or removed / what's an overkill.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/562039

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/563114

Thanks!
lisa
If you want to make arps (ideally) you’d get some kind of envelope (AD/ADSR) for each filter and for each VCA channel, to control the shape of the sound treatment. Also, I’d get some sort of LFO. Sometimes it’s fun to mix LFO control of the VCA and envelope control of the filter, or vice versa. thumbs up
fuzz0r
lisa wrote:
If you want to make arps (ideally) you’d get some kind of envelope (AD/ADSR) for each filter and for each VCA channel, to control the shape of the sound treatment. Also, I’d get some sort of LFO. Sometimes it’s fun to mix LFO control of the VCA and envelope control of the filter, or vice versa. thumbs up

Thanks for the reply!
The second version has the Intellijel Dual ADSR - is that sufficient?
The Dixie can also operate as a LFO if I understand correctly?

Sorry if I'm missing something, I'm very new to this. smile
tuj
check out WMD's Arpitecht. Does a great job of making arp's easy and creative.
th0mas
Voltage Block is pretty great at arps as well if you don't mind the interface.

also if you're going towards techno check out pam's new workout. 8 tempo synced gates or LFOs.
spukhaft
I would get a sequencer.
lisa
SeattleDucati wrote:
I would get a sequencer.

Something like Metropolis? wink

fuzz0r wrote:

The second version has the Intellijel Dual ADSR - is that sufficient?

There you have two ADSRs. If you want different shapas on the filters and the VCAs it won't be enough. However, Maths has two AD-function generators and can be used as well.

Quote:
The Dixie can also operate as a LFO if I understand correctly?

Yep! However, I guess you'd want to use it as an oscillator? It can't be both at the same time. smile
spukhaft
lisa wrote:
SeattleDucati wrote:
I would get a sequencer.

Something like Metropolis? wink

Opps. I'm getting old and my brain is growing increasingly mushy.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1