MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland Clloud stuff available outside fo the stupid 'cloud'?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Roland Clloud stuff available outside fo the stupid 'cloud'?
submute
I love the Juno 106 & Jupiter 8 in the Roland Cloud but subscription software can die in a fire for all I'm concerned. Can I buy outright access to either of these software synths?
rjungemann
Tal-U-No-LX is a great Juno emulation.

Diva has swappable components modeled after various analog synths including the Jupiter 8. See this comparison video between Diva and Roland Cloud, and this collection of presets from the Jupiter 8 for Diva.

Arturia has the Jupiter-8V which I haven't tried.

Serum includes some Juno wavetables, and those plus the "Hyper/Dimension" effect get me well into Juno territory, although Serum is obviously not designed to be a direct emulation by any stretch.
skyshaver
I believe the answer to your question is no, the only to get the software outside of the cloud/subscription service is to buy Roland boutique hardware.

I will also recommend Tal-U-NO-Lx as an excellent Juno emulation with no cloud nonsense and a very light CPU hit.
decklyn
Ya I agree though - it sounds really good! I have a system 1m. If you get a system 8, you can buy a subscription for a month and put the juno plugout on the system 8 and then cancel your cloud subscription. That's a pretty big cost though but it's a better use of money than buying the tiny boutique boxes likely. Anyway, they all run the same VA code. I love analog but I'm really attracted to their VA offerings I have to admit - they sound really good.
supersuper
Roland Cloud is a actually a good sustainable deal.

Every 12 months you get to select one synth to keep permanently as a reward. its like renting the whole range and keeping your favorite one.

So many software manufacturers try to rope you into upgrade costs that are not charted across time; at least with cloud you know your costs and can forecast them.

I sold off a huge amount of software recently because after experiencing cloud I much prefer it to the arturia and d16 emulations.
skyshaver
$240 USD a yr and you have to be online every 7 days to authenticate or the instruments stop working.

I paid about $240 USD for NI Komplete 8 like 5 years ago and every bit of it has worked without an internet connection or any additional money since then. That's Massive, FM8, Absynth, Kontakt, Battery and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting plus a bunch of libraries for Kontakt.

If I got to keep one after each year of a subscription with a similar price to Roland cloud I'd have paid $1250 USD and would not own all the instruments I own now from NI.

I don't see how you think this is progress or a good deal.

But, you do you.
CopperHydra
Probably a whole lot of the same thing in the Roland boutique series. Try to find one used maybe? Although, it's not the same because the jupiter 8 boutique has 4 voices... so its a jupiter 4... .... .... ....
Maybe just go buy a jupiter 6?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1