MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Melodyne 4: vocal corrections that don't sound synthetic?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Melodyne 4: vocal corrections that don't sound synthetic?
The Grump
Anyone here using Melodyne 4 to edit and clean up vocals to smooth out things like slight vocal tremors without sounding like a robot? I'm trying to figure out how to create natural sounding vibratos, while removing tremors.

Sometimes when removing pitch modulation, I end up with lots of strange little high speed artifacts way up in the high mids, while the majority of the vocal lines themselves actually sound ok, and I'm wondering if the "Attack" and "Pitch Drift" parameters can be used to smooth some of this. Any suggestions on approaches to removing said artifacts? Or avoiding them? Thanks for any insights.
subbasshead
better to find a way to avoid them, but no doubt they could be fixed using izotope RX spectral repair
The Grump
Thanks, I was hoping to avoid having to do that, but may end up needing to anyway. I'm also finding that chopping out sibilants and plosives from the processes helps immensely. Not perfect, but an improvement.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1