MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best method setting delay/reverb send returns with desk live
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Best method setting delay/reverb send returns with desk live
PeterRabbit
Am trying to get my head around the mist sensible way of setting up my delay and reverb effects pedals gorbusw with my live setup.

For instance in the first track I use my mother 32 for bass line and so it is kept pretty much dry. Then in my second track it is my lead sound and needs to be quite wet with delay and reverb. With it being a live techno set with no breaks between tracks, I'm not sure how to go about the level adjustments in volume to allow for the send effects. The set is pretty full on and I'm worried about for example the lead coming in on the second song too low or high in the mix. When you consider I have 4 mono synths each with different effects settings for each track it could be a pain to adjust and readjust between tracks as I just have the drums banging away.

Any advice??? Thank you.[/i]
authorless
Without knowing what synths you are using, you can probably store volume settings per patch and make them all the same apparent loudness. Also practicing. If it is too loud, grab the little knob and turn it.
Kent
Software? Analog? Digital? Lots more needed.

Drop me a line and we can chat on Skype or something.
Navs
authorless wrote:
... If it is too loud, grab the little knob and turn it.

Yes. Don't worry about it. Whatever happens live is what happens live. It's part of the performance.

Also, levels that might seem right in your practice room might not be right in the venue, so you will probably readjust, either during a sound check or the performance itself. Practice also means learning your kit so you know which knob to grab when you want to change something. On that score, don't forget a little LED light or similar if the venue is dark cool

And on the more general theme of transitions, no one is going to complain if you drop to just a kick and then build the track ...
PeterRabbit
Sorry guys.

I am using the Vermona Lancet module, the Moog Minitaur and possibly the Arp Odyssey so only the minitaur has presets.

Thank you
R.U.Nuts
If I understand it right you are worried about a change of volume when you send your synths into the send-effects. That leads me to the question: Are your FX-boxes in the send/return loops set to 100% wet?
PeterRabbit
R.U.Nuts wrote:
If I understand it right you are worried about a change of volume when you send your synths into the send-effects. That leads me to the question: Are your FX-boxes in the send/return loops set to 100% wet?

As far as I remember yes. It when increased the aux send there was am apparent increase in volume. Perhaps I have something set up on my mixer wrong confused it is the mackie mixer below[/img]

R.U.Nuts
PeterRabbit wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:

As far as I remember yes. It when increased the aux send there was am apparent increase in volume. Perhaps I have something set up on my mixer wrong confused it is the mackie mixer below[/img]

I don't think it's the mixer. Which FX-boxes do you use?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1