MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ornament & crime w/ qu-nexus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author ornament & crime w/ qu-nexus
jwm
perhaps someone could point me in the right direction here...basically i'm looking to recreate or closely simulate the way qu-bit's chord works (and yes, harmonaig, but money and space is an issue)

can i send 1 v/oct info from the qu-nexus into acid curds and have it generate cv for a chord to send out to 4 oscillators without having to sequence anything within the app? looking to just play a long slow chord pad any time i feel like it with an ASR envelope from maths... and generated from a single note on the keyboard...

if it would work, how else would o&c need to be set up? or am i missing another cv/trigger connection to make it work? oooor is this just not how this works at all? i had an o&c pre-acid curds fw, so i don't have one in front of me to see if this makes sense and/or understand the settings of this particular app

thoughts? go easy on me (hides)
swhic
...you need a clock in TR1..smile
Timmy
jwm wrote:
perhaps someone could point me in the right direction here...basically i'm looking to recreate or closely simulate the way qu-bit's chord works (and yes, harmonaig, but money and space is an issue)

can i send 1 v/oct info from the qu-nexus into acid curds and have it generate cv for a chord to send out to 4 oscillators without having to sequence anything within the app? looking to just play a long slow chord pad any time i feel like it with an ASR envelope from maths... and generated from a single note on the keyboard...

if it would work, how else would o&c need to be set up? or am i missing another cv/trigger connection to make it work? oooor is this just not how this works at all? i had an o&c pre-acid curds fw, so i don't have one in front of me to see if this makes sense and/or understand the settings of this particular app

thoughts? go easy on me (hides)

You'll need to send the gate from the qu-nexus to TR1 of the O&C as well as to the gate/trigger input on the Maths.

The qu-nexus will be sending pitch CVs quantised to a chromatic scale, so you will need to set the Acid Curds app in O&C to a chromatic (semitone) scale to match. You should then be able to get the quantised root note output by O&C to correspond to the note you press on the keyboard. The other three pitch CVs output from the O&C will then reflect whatever chord has been specified for the current step in the chord progression. The chord progression can have just a single step if you wish. Whenever the incoming CV for the root note changes, the whole chord will change.

At least in theory... I don't think that any of the O&C devs have ever tested such a scenario. I don't even own a keyboard, not sure if Max or Patrick do. Perhaps an O&C user who owns a keyboard like the qu-nexus could verify that such a patch works as expected?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1