MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

James Holden - Animal Spirits
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author James Holden - Animal Spirits
bitbin
Really impressed with this new album and Ive been trying to figure out once again his method of working.
Looks like he has built his own software which kicks out MIDI to his eurorack via Yarns/Shuttle and then he goes from there.

Im seeing Cweyman VCO and VCA in his live rack along with DSI Filters and indeed a big old Verbos Harmonic Oscillator. Looking at his Instagram you can see these.

Anyone else got any further info on his recent output - not Inheritors era.

Cheers
porphyrion
He's grown tremendously as an artist-
always pushing his own boundaries further-
His last two albums are both a-ma-zing IMO and reward multiple listening. I find it hard to believe the psychedelic Animal Spirits went by so quietly... or maybe I just visited the wrong places...

Didn't know about his live rack- Thanks-

edit: can't find much besides a few remixes. Nothing really prepared me for the organic psychedelics of animal spirits except for his live-performances-- A really brave step that many bigger names could not have taken IMO-
egothelivingplanet
You know, I almost bought this today from the Nottingham fopp, but somehow passed on it-I even had it in my hand!- it had a decent review/blurb in the record shop.

Kicking myself because after listening to some tracks online it sounds quite good.
wonkychris
My girlfriend just bought me this for Christmas with no preempting or even discussion. Of Holden for the last couple of years - she's a keeper It's peanut butter jelly time!

I'm really enjoying it. I did a band with my friends doing Gnawan trance based stuff and he's certainly got some of that vibe going, but I'm loving the proggyness and earthyness of it all.

I really would like to catch a live show now as I'm sure they're well through the 'novelty' stage of performing and fully into the paying now. Awesome !
BLX
applause it's an amazing album.

Surely he's on this forum....somewhere
colorcode
edited
fwheel
The Inheritors was one of my favourite albums of this decade, but I'm having difficult time with The Animal Spirits to be honest. It doesn't help that the group's live show I saw was quite stiff and lackluster (it might've improved since, the Le Guess Who gig was one of their first ones I believe).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1