MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Delay from specific RDJ/Aphex Twin track?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Delay from specific RDJ/Aphex Twin track?
Waz
Does anyone know the delay used in this piece? It is one of my favorite pieces of music and the delay seems digital, but with some analog properties. It's definitely clocked.

Michael O.
Haven't heard SAWii in ages, it aged really well. I know he had an Alesis Quadraverb at the time and it could be one of its delay algorithms, but to my ear it has the Lexicon pcm41/42 quality to it.
Waz
Hmmm. I have a microverb that was given to me. never used it. Apparently it has the same algorithms and circuits as the Quadraverb. Almost sold it for super cheap a few weeks ago.

Now that you mention it, I think the delay might be the PCM 42.
cv_rave_on
RDJ is well known for using the Yamaha D5000 extensively in the mid to late 90's. He used the D5000 on Syro as well and no PCM 42 if that helps.

I have never seen a PCM 42 in any of the RDJ random studio pics but I'm sure he has one hanging out somewhere.
Waz
cv_rave_on wrote:
RDJ is well known for using the Yamaha D5000 extensively in the mid to late 90's. He used the D5000 on Syro as well and no PCM 42 if that helps.

I have never seen a PCM 42 in any of the RDJ random studio pics but I'm sure he has one hanging out somewhere.

Nice! Thanks for the history lesson. I'll definitely be looking into buying one. My question is....Why are these selling for 10k on ebay? (more than one) I found a listing for one on Reverb that sold last year for 300 bucks. WTF?
tron23
RDJ also had Bel BD-80's and some Lexicon Super Prime Times around at that period if that helps at all. Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1