MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Short but Serge
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Short but Serge
yan6
All Serge processed by a Buchla 208r for added modulation and reverb

[s]https://soundcloud.com/radiotech/station-nine[/s]
MindMachine
Dark, disturbing, almost hopeful... Beautiful! Excellent stuff. Love the breakout at about 40 sec. And how the added higher voice comes in near 2:28. Almost sounds like the EH Mel9 pedal voices being added. Really cool.

Alien
Peake
Very nice.
cygmu
Excellent. I normally don't listen all the way through to pieces posted on here because I am not in a "sitting and listening" mood when on MW, but this one stopped me in my tracks and had me glued.

And I begin to realise that I have no clue how one patches something like this...

Great work.
revtor
Nice! This to me is pure serge-feedback-y and seemingly untamed with a lot of subtlety going on. thanks for the listen!
rec.Koner
fantastic! very dark!
sungja
applause
induktor
Excellent Dark ambient piece!
revtor
The 208 reverb, that’s a spring tank? Feedback in that path?
yan6
Thanks for all the positive feedback screaming goo yo

There is some feedback being used from a WAD and the 208 verb is indeed a spring. There was another spring verb from a eurorack module on one of the second voice. I think a few dusg and an Lfo were mixed together to aid with some of the timbre changes.
Chaotic
Nice one yan It's peanut butter jelly time!
djangosfire
Made my morning - Fantastic worlds of sound! Cheers - Adam
Knock
Excellent! applause
syncretism
Really nice textures. This stuff is catnip to me.
Dcramer
Bravo we're not worthy
Beautiful plooomage! w00t
flabby
Nicely done! Was that all live? Recorded in one take, one track?
nuruli
applause
warnton
beautiful dark sparkling shower of sound. thank you!
yan6
flabby wrote:

we're not worthy thanks agin all for the comments thumbs up

It was done in one take but isnt necessarily one track. I have 8 inputs on my interface and i tend to bring each sound in individually in case they need eq'ing or compressing in ableton.

I alao use a hybrid mixing technique, where it is mixed out of the box and run through a chain of hardware before it is re-recorded as a final left right track.
zdarma
very nice. Thanks for that.
flabby
yan6 wrote:
flabby wrote:

we're not worthy thanks agin all for the comments thumbs up

It was done in one take but isnt necessarily one track. I have 8 inputs on my interface and i tend to bring each sound in individually in case they need eq'ing or compressing in ableton.

I alao use a hybrid mixing technique, where it is mixed out of the box and run through a chain of hardware before it is re-recorded as a final left right track.

Sounds interesting! So, you're 'manipulating' sounds on the Serge, 208, mixer and hardware at the same time, as you record? Nice
yan6
Not really. What my setup gives me is flexibility to correct errors made during the recording process. I find i can easily get caught up in what im making and find my self critiquing it afterwords and being like that bit is nice but is way to loud etc. So i work on just the synths while recording and can mix and eq afterwords since each voice was captured on a seperate track.

The hybrid mixing also lets me run it all through a hardware chain of effects and processors as it needs.
flabby
Ahh ok, I'm with you now! Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking you'd have to be an octopus to manage all that at once.
ppkstat
Like it a lot.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1