MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY - Elektor Vocoder - New kits available now !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author DIY - Elektor Vocoder - New kits available now !
Fitchie
elmegil wrote:
I assume they are going through the list top to bottom, and that they are going to take a few days to get it all out?
All of which is fine, but I'm still worried I may have deleted something important.

Hi Elmegil,

Your reasoning is entirely correct and you didn't miss anything, but BPost messed up things due to a one week-long strike. Some days their administration department is not available, other days the distribution is not working, and now they have a huge backlog. 90% of all staff are involved, so you can imagine what kind of disorder it is. But according to the latest news, they have reached an agreement and from Monday all services should be restarted. My apologies, this is completely out of my control.

Where are we now:

- All parcels for the United States, Canada and other countries outside the European Economic Community are prepared, labeled, provided with customs documents and delivered in the local sorting center.
- The packages have not been scanned for further processing, I hoped this would be done today, but unfortunately this did not happen. Presumably this will happen on Monday or Tuesday, this according to the incurred backlog.
- As soon as the packages are processed I'll receive the tracking information for each individual parcel. Once as I have this information, I will forward it to you.

So I would like to ask you on behalf of BPost to be patient for a moment.

Once again my apologies...
eek!
elmegil
Strike's not your fault smile

Thank you for the very clear description, I will go back over to my corner and be patient :-D
elmegil
New questions, regarding the BOM. If those ought to go some other thread, let me know.

1) is there a reason all the resistors in the BOM are 1/2W versions? These are 10mm long per the datasheet on the farnell (newark/element14) website, is that really what you used? Or should those all be MF25's instead of MF50's?

2) Any suggestions for a source for the WAGO Solder pins? Newark doesn't even say they have them in stock right now, and I haven't found them elsewhere.

3) with regard to the DPDT switches on the FP and Noise section, Mouser has Mountain 1MD1T1B1M1QE which appear to be equivalent (down to the part numbers) except these are B1 and what's in the BOM is B5 -- the difference is that the B1 is a couple mm higher in the bushing and has a keyway, B5 is shorter and is flat. The one doubt I have is -- does the panel expect these to be flat-sided switches (in which case the bushing of the B1 won't fit). Mouser doesn't have the B5, unfortunately.

Probably more questions as the day winds on.
Fitchie
elmegil wrote:
1) is there a reason all the resistors in the BOM are 1/2W versions?

1/8 W or 1/4 W resistors are perfectly suitable.
I consciously did use 1/2 W resistors to get the old-fashioned look of the original device.

elmegil wrote:
2) Any suggestions for a source for the WAGO Solder pins?

These pins are ordinary 1 mm solder pins:
    - Farnell reference: 2643506
    - TME reference: 1364E.61
    - Newark reference: 07WX0901
    - Reichelt reference: RTM 1-100

elmegil wrote:
3) The one doubt I have is -- does the panel expect these to be flat-sided switches (in which case the bushing of the B1 won't fit)

No, the panel is 2,5 mm thick, so you have to add washers at the inside at your own discretion.
elmegil
Quote:
elmegil wrote:
2) Any suggestions for a source for the WAGO Solder pins?

These pins are ordinary 1 mm solder pins:
    - Farnell reference: 2643506
    - TME reference: 1364E.61
    - Newark reference: 07WX0901
    - Reichelt reference: RTM 1-100

But no mouser, and searching for 1mm solder pin gets me so much more than I could possibly sort through cry

Not your problem, at all. I'm just at a loss to figure out how to find them, there's no way all those places have them and not Mouser.

PS: I don't buy from those places generally because their shipping is ridiculous -- as would be expected Europe to US
elmegil
I think I finally found something compatible

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mill-Max/3103-2-00-21-00-00-08-0? qs=sGAEpiMZZMsUzhEcHltCubXwr3eVKNuB

or

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mill-Max/3223-3-00-15-00-00-08-0? qs=%2fha2pyFadugHu4fmkbWmSbFJ%2fJv3vRcO0cELbm29tUhOqCSAtkpEhg%3d%3d

Though the latter are pretty spendy

The problem is the only ones Mouser carries that aren't gold plated are .5mm or so rather than 1mm diameter.
Fitchie
Great news !

The strike at BPost is definitely over.
Got an update with the confirmation that all packages for the United States, Canada and other countries outside the European Economic Community are scanned and accepted by the distribution network.
applause

If you want to receive your private tracking number, please send me a private messages and I'll respond as soon as possible.
elmegil
Thanks!! applause
jersupereq
jaidee wrote:
Quote:
seanpark wrote:
Everyone who contacted me for 3080s: packages went out today.

I have about 150 units left.

I sent this guy some money for 3080s a month ago and never heard back despite multiple messages. Buyer beware.

I also sent money for a batch of CA3080s several weeks ago, making payment, rather foolishly with the benefit if hindsight, by Friends & Family...

Nothing received, and no response to PMs or emails.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with seanpark??

Haven't received anything either hmmm.....
jersupereq
ICa showed up today!
jaidee
And out of the blue, my CA3080s turned up today - which makes it even more strange that seanpark is not responding to PMs/emails. I hope he is OK...
jbdiver
jaidee wrote:
And out of the blue, my CA3080s turned up today - which makes it even more strange that seanpark is not responding to PMs/emails. I hope he is OK...

Yeah, mine showed up as well. The problem is that I ordered a new set of 3080's from Small Bear a week ago, and now I have two sets of 3080s. Grrrr.
Synth Con Meo
jbdiver wrote:
jaidee wrote:

Yeah, mine showed up as well. The problem is that I ordered a new set of 3080's from Small Bear a week ago, and now I have two sets of 3080s. Grrrr.

I still never got a response back from him about me wanting to buy a set from him. So I will probably just order my set from Small Bears myself.
elmegil
PCBs and enclosure arrived in Chicago this morning screaming goo yo we're not worthy

Very professionally packaged and wrapped, thank you SO MUCH Fitchie!

With wrap

Without wrap

Synth Con Meo
elmegil wrote:
PCBs and enclosure arrived in Chicago this morning screaming goo yo we're not worthy

Very professionally packaged and wrapped, thank you SO MUCH Fitchie!

With wrap

Cool! I've been trying to track my shipment but it doesn't appear to have gotten any closer to delivery.

Edit: just checked again, looks like it actually might be in the States now atleast. Did USPS finish the delivery?
elmegil
Synth Con Meo wrote:

Edit: just checked again, looks like it actually might be in the States now atleast. Did USPS finish the delivery?

I didn't see who physically left it at the front door, but yeah, as of yesterday, my tracking (even in "detail") just said "sorted" in Antwerp. I hadn't been trying USPS tracking yet, because there wasn't a clear indication of handoff like I've seen other times I've had shipments from Europe.

Part of my reason for posting was to give hope to other folks waiting in the US. Chicago is probably closer to a "hub" than some, but it seems likely the packages are all here in the US now, at the very least.
Fitchie
elmegil wrote:

Thank you for the pictures and nice to see that the parcels ended up in the States !
It looks like the tracking information is not that accurate, but hopefully everyone will be delivered quickly...
Fitchie
Here is the information as I can see in the shipping manager for all US parcels:

Glossary:
    Aangemaakt -> Label created
    Onderweg -> Parcel on the go
    Geleverd -> Delivered to the customer

I am looking for another partner for future deliveries to the United States, BPost seems very slow and the provided tracking information is not accurate at all.
EdBrock
PCB's, panel and enclosure arrived today, beautiful packaging job, perfect!

Thanks Fitchie!!!!
Synth Con Meo
EdBrock wrote:
PCB's, panel and enclosure arrived today, beautiful packaging job, perfect!

Thanks Fitchie!!!!

Yeah mine showed up on my doorstep today too. I concur about the packaging, very nice. I need to start ordering my components now. thumbs up
Fitchie
All,

Nice to hear everyone is served and thank you all for the great feedback about the packaging.
Cheesy!

As there a 5 members who have not responded neither completed the order form,
5 kits are available again !

Please send a PM or mail to info@vocoder.eu if you are interested.
jbdiver
The kit arrived in Minneapolis two days ago. Looks awesome and very professional job. Now I just need to source all the components and find some time to build. smile
elmegil
Group Buy for the CONEC backplane connectors is started over here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2954530#2954530

Please post there if you would like to participate. Intent is primarily focused on US and Canada, but we won't turn anyone away (assuming you're willing to pay shipping.... smile )
elmegil
elmegil wrote:
Group Buy for the CONEC backplane connectors is started over here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2954530#2954530

Please post there if you would like to participate. Intent is primarily focused on US and Canada, but we won't turn anyone away (assuming you're willing to pay shipping.... smile )

Some updates on this, including possible pricing and different sourcing options, again anyone on the US side of the ocean who's interested, please weigh on in that thread.
Fitchie
3 kits are still available !

The ideal gift for under the Christmas tree. cool

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 16 of 17