MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland system 1M outputs SO loud...tweakable?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Roland system 1M outputs SO loud...tweakable?
matttech
Hi all

Finally played with sending the outputs (VCOs, VCO mixer, LFO etc) out of the System 1M and into my Modular...and it was sounding horrible. So I checked the output on my O tool oscilloscope and the vco outputs were 20v p/p, and the VCO mixer was even louder with the knobs all at reasonable levels

What gives?

Is there some hidden setting to bring these down a bit...or are they just simply much, much louder than any other VCOs in eurorack? (Apart from the only other one I’ve come across at this level, the Pittsburgh Generator)

Seems a bit silly that I’d have to run them via attenuators every time I want sensible levels. Going straight into some of my filters and VCAs sounded horrible at that level

seriously, i just don't get it
matttech
Nobody?

Can’t believe nobody else has noticed this
Flux302
not sure why 20p2p but yeah there is a setting to drop the levels... I dont remember the proceedure.. consult the manual.
matttech
Flux302 wrote:
not sure why 20p2p but yeah there is a setting to drop the levels... I dont remember the proceedure.. consult the manual.

Oh really? I had a scan through it and couldn't see anything. I'll have another look. And this affects all the outputs including the individual outputs yes?
matttech
just re-read the whole manual and nothing in there about changing the overall output levels on the jacks.

....unless i'm being particularly blind?

(I'm presuming you don't mean simply turning down the channels on the mixer, as that's not really what I'm looking for)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1