MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DDSR
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author DDSR
tron23
Wow, just saw this super cool thing. Happy holidays and all best for 2018, may all the designs flourish. I am all in for the rhythmic bits! w00t Guinness ftw!
batchas
Always a pleasure to see Tom's creations in this part of the forum.

I hope 2018 will be very prolific for all of you here.
DickMarker
Looks good Tom.

My only hands-on experience with a shift register is the Noisering, which has it's own noise source for the 'data'. I'm curious as to what you've been feeding in to your prototype as data?
Assuming it's going to be part of a frame, I guess there'll be some complimentary modules in the vicinity?
otoskope
Having been away and missed this thread, I just want to say I'd love to play with this. Noiserings are heavily used in my system, and this seems to be a new take, with a different feedback paths, etc.
Looking forward, Tom!
radams
Can't wait to hear some examples. I've been interested in adding something like this for some time. Looks wonderful Guinness ftw!
T. Jervell
After watching Tom’s latest YouTube video, I guess I’m gonna «need» the DDDR, the Chriper AND the DRM2 zombie Wow! Never maintain cash savings again
chrisdermo
T. Jervell wrote:
After watching Tom’s latest YouTube video, I guess I’m gonna «need» the DDDR, the Chriper AND the DRM2 zombie Wow! Never maintain cash savings again

YEAH! Also 'LPG PROTO'? Tom, please put this out with the rhythmic stuff (DDSR + dual divider?) Dead Banana
chrisdermo
The lights on the DDSR look amazing, reminds me of some kind of deep sea bioluminescent jellyfish
tron23
chrisdermo wrote:
The lights on the DDSR look amazing, reminds me of some kind of deep sea bioluminescent jellyfish

Impressive module, been a long time since i feel the need in the modular land, and it is a Bug, again! hyper
depth20
Maybe a demo soon?
sparks
Oh, I will be all over this, once available SlayerBadger!
BugBrand
Blue, blue, electric blue::

1st build of the 1st production run ('only' 6 months after I posted the first shots..)

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to go with these as I'm working towards the ClockBox Frame, but maybe a few can squirm out into the wild.
DickMarker
Hell yeah - much prefer the blue to the red here, seems more easy on the eyes.
T. Jervell
Oh looking gorgeous Tom! This would be great with the SynthVoice!! Hope to see these in production.... SlayerBadger!
KNYST
Beautiful! love
BananaPlug
Squirm! hyper
rowsbywoof
A clocking frame for the SynthVoice would be killer. Would the DDSR be the heart of that, or are you thinking this could add variation to a different clocking source? What other type of modules would you see filling out this frame? I like the idea of a non-linear approach to time... as ridiculous as that might sound wink Maybe it can be the anti-clocking frame?
chrisdermo
Agreed that blue is definitely the right choice for this module! What a beaut!
rowsbywoof
chrisdermo wrote:
Agreed that blue is definitely the right choice for this module! What a beaut!

Yeah, it's actually a lot easier to see what's going on in blue. Good choice for this one, especially if it's going to be part of the SynthVoice expansion smile

Looks great. Can't wait to hear wait it can do.
DickMarker
What's the deal with the clock switch? I get 'ext' obviously, but what's 'Bus'?
ninGiaBoom
Artwork!
applause
lud
Boom! That looks fantastic and hopefully we'll see some more blue soon
BugBrand
I'll try to get some pics up sometime but the ClockBox Frame will be:
Dual Clock Oscillator - twin Saw Core VCO (tracks well + covers full sub & audio ranges)
Quad Divider - two which are 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 and two which are 2/3/4/6/8/12/16/24
DDSR
(All above are 3FW (FracWidth) size)
Then the final 2FW will have options, either:
Dual DC Mixer (already done) - 2 x 3 channel DC mixing
Logic/Processes - still working on it - logic functions (Or/And/XOR + Inverts), controlled signal switching (bit like old UTL6B Active Switches) and some FlipFlops.

There is internal bussing from the two ClockOscs - jumpers on the back select which clock source goes to each Clock Input switch (similar on the Quad Divider).

I don't see it as the direct SynthVoice Expander but will pair nicely! I see things more in terms of 2Frame pairs - so SynthVoice+Expander as a pair and then ClockBox+Seq-Expander -- but I'm getting ahead of myself!

I tie myself slightly in knots with the Red/Blue divides but in general I see blue as 'pure' modular and red as more studio based processing - bit blurry on boundaries with Chirper, for example, but kind of sticks it right.

Old pic of ClockBox proto from a month or two back:

PS - I'm well aware that I'll need to do some demos of workings - quite a powerful random or clock conveyor.
dogoftears
joyous bluegasms
soup
Wow!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 2 of 7