MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How’s this voice in Caribou’s “Silver” made?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author How’s this voice in Caribou’s “Silver” made?
npseaver
Okay, so this is probably obvious, but I’m curious how to produce a sound like the synth voice that comes in around 1:50/2:00 in Caribou’s “Silver”:

I imagine it’s pretty simple (it’s got a kind of chiptunesy vibe, and I’m guessing it’s some super simple waveform chorused and with reverb), but I’m betting people here will know much better than I. (Sorry if I’ve got the wrong subforum!)
JohnLRice
I'll guess . . .sounds like a saw wave (or two?) through a VCA modulated with an envelope that has a slow attack and decay/release and then the output of the VCA is passed through a delay and reverb?
Plattform
Yep, I guess it is the detuning between the two oscillators, not a chorus, it would be wider otherwise ?
Dcramer
It’s really effective, it’s quite buzzy, almost some EQ or gentle hi pass going on.
The chorus/doubling might just be a very slight slow vibrato on a single oscillator which is then patched to a short delay hmmm.....

An excellent example of how important amplitude envelopes are to sound design. w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1