MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LEM4 Snoopy question / h-modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author LEM4 Snoopy question / h-modules
cr
I was thinking about replacing my 225e with a 225h + 202h combo.

When I look at the 225h and the 202h, isn't there a whole lot of overlap? Or would you say it is a combo that "makes sense"?
@green
I was also skeptical of my own need for those modules, and especially if you opt-in for the LEM 218, they seem a lot less necessary.

Also, if you are not in need of interfacing with other system types, these start to loose their usefulness.

Didn't necessarily notice that they have a lot of crossover between the two...

I recently ordered the LEM Snoopy w/218 and swapped the left section for a 266e source of uncertainty
cr
@green wrote:

Also, if you are not in need of interfacing with other system types, these start to loose their usefulness.

I recently ordered the LEM Snoopy w/218 and swapped the left section for a 266e source of uncertainty

Haha, I have a system 1 and was thinking about swapping some of those modules for half-sized ones so that I can add my 266e to the setup!

That said, I don't have the LEM18 and would use a lot of midi and interaction with my Euro and 5U, so parts of it would be very useful. I was just thinking that you would get twice of the same (CV processing and adapter sections) with the 202h and 225h combo?
Drillionaire
Something worth noting is that the 225h does not act as a preset manager. This also means that most 200e modules (everything except the 281h, I believe) will ignore all bus messages unless you also have a 225e or 206e in the same system as the 225h.[/list]
@green
Drillionaire wrote:
Something worth noting is that the 225h does not act as a preset manager. This also means that most 200e modules (everything except the 281h, I believe) will ignore all bus messages unless you also have a 225e or 206e in the same system as the 225h.[/list]

So, what features of the 225h would be considered bus messages? sorry, don't have "e" series system. I was planning on hard wiring all of my CV data. but it does say that if you have a Snoopy and LEM 218 that you can bus control the pitch of the oscillator on BEMI's website. Are these considered the same type of messages?
Drillionaire
The 225h transmits MIDI note on and velocity messages from channel 1-4 to busses A-D, respectively (pitch and pitchbend to 261e+259e, trigger/gate to 281e, velocity to 292e). It also transmits MIDI clock for the 252e, 223e, 251e, and 250e to sync to.

200e modules do not respond to these messages unless there is a 206e or 225e in the system. The statement about the 261e in an LEM system responding to the bus messages from a LEM 218, or a 225h for that matter, is false.
@green
Drillionaire wrote:
The statement about the 261e in an LEM system responding to the bus messages from a LEM 218, or a 225h for that matter, is false.

Thanks for the explanation!

Do they know that?

However, if I planned on treating my 261e, 281h, 292h, and 266e like a 200 series (non e) system and hardwired everything with the LEM 218 it should work nicely and as expected, correct?
Drillionaire
@green wrote:
Do they know that?

However, if I planned on treating my 261e, 281h, 292h, and 266e like a 200 series (non e) system and hardwired everything with the LEM 218 it should work nicely and as expected, correct?

I would imagine so. The other engineers and I were in the midst of working on a solution before we left the company.

All the front panel functionality is there, so if you're going to physically patch everything, you'll be fine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1