MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

R*S Serge Divide and Compare
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author R*S Serge Divide and Compare
NU
I've officially come down with the Serge bug and I'm intrigued by this module. I love logic in general but I'm specifically wondering about audio range use of the divider (RS description says it's possible). I can't find any demos (CGS version neither).. anyone have experience or thoughts?
lasesentaysiete
I have an Edelweiss I panel (CGS board) and the divider does audio rate. So do the logic modules. I can only assume that the R*S is the same.
NU
Thanks! Forgive me, but what exactly results from using logic at audio rates? Varying cycle length, so.. varying timbre?
J3RK
NU wrote:
Thanks! Forgive me, but what exactly results from using logic at audio rates? Varying cycle length, so.. varying timbre?

One example is that XOR can be used as a crude (read, "squared off") ring modulator. You'd want to run the output of any of these through an AC coupled module or offset generator though, as they'll be outputting unipolar signals. (0 to +) so the AC coupled module or offset would help turn it into an audio signal.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1