MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

iOs device adapters (lightning to USB-B)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author iOs device adapters (lightning to USB-B)
JES
Greetings. Just wondering if anyone has found a reliable alternative to Apple's excessively expensive USB to lightning adapter for hooking up their iPhone or iPad to the modular. I am using the Expert Sleepers ES-8, though other than it having a USB-connector, there's nothing special about that module for this question.

I like the idea of connecting to power at the same time. I use Eurorack so I'm used to spending money, but if I can save a few bucks, why not?

TIA.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-cam era-adapter?afid=p238%7CsflHk1Tl7-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_14291354 5083_&cid=aos-CA-kwgo-pla-cth--slid--product-MK0W2AM/A-CA
Pase
I suggest to buy the official one, it’s expensive as every Apple things but it’s reliable and you don’t have to worry that an iOS update make it useless.
My 2 cents.
itsritual
I use a Roland A-01 and sequence my modular with my iPad via Bluetooth. It's been surprisingly stable and I've not had any problems.
Astrolabe23
Twice I cheaped out and bought a generic, once a camera connection and once a lightening to original iPad adapter. Both times I struck out and ended up having to buy a genuine Apple to get full functionality. very frustrating
JES
Okay, thanks guys. I officially give up and will just buy the Apple connector.
kf6gpe
Just a warning --- be careful where you get it. Amazon is just flooded with counterfeit Apple products, and you might pay Apple prices and still not have one made by Apple, or one that works.
Pase
kf6gpe wrote:
Just a warning --- be careful where you get it. Amazon is just flooded with counterfeit Apple products, and you might pay Apple prices and still not have one made by Apple, or one that works.

+1
Exactly what’s happened to me with Amazon.
I strongly suggest to buy directly from Apple.
soundshaper
Go to Walmart if you want it immediately. It’s the same price everywhere else. But support your other local dealer if they got it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1