Catching up with the baglog of uploads.......
To keep it chronologically correct;
I built the analogue solutions business card.
Few quid in parts. Hardest thing to source was the Motorola LM1496.
The 4558IC has a temporary op amp dropped in (meant to order but forgot)
I guess that’s why diy gets expensive! Postage costs!!!!
Not sure exactly how to calibrate this (modulator balance and signal balance)
Had to make a lead, broke a pull restraint. Need a better technique!
A vice was too brutal. Hour to build including picking parts!
Still need a panel. It appears to work? Need to read up on ring mods!
What I’ve learnt so far....transformer circuits. Not this circuit.
Luck needed I think.
Moving on, 27th November
Bastl propust! Nice quick little circuit. Hour to build.
Built this to quench the thirst! Had to solder something......
Strange urge. Dealt with!
Built tested used loved. Great thing. Simple passive device.
How it works.....
Used this to shelve my drums.
Hats top filter (hi pass)
Snare middle filter (band pass)
Kick bottom filter (low pass)
Yes I’m pleased with the results.
These outputs I feed into the Tritone, hats hi, snare notch.
Here I break the normal (middle switch on Tritone) and send this through the chronoblob. The kick goes through the lo filter of Tritone.
Cheap and effective with only one caveat. Signal loss.
However in use;
The signal loss of the bastl is useful in that no attenuators are needed before the Tritone (nice bonus, it’s easy to overdrive the Tritone!).
It can really scream! So in my use case this is a non issue.
Video of this idea will eventually end up in my usual place.
Crispy drums! (Or better than before I think!).