MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2018 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next [all]
Author The 2018 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
J3RK
dhaillant wrote:
J3RK wrote:
Starting to think I need a rework station too!

My first SSOP soldered by hand, one leg at a time last night. confused

Do you use Flux? thumbs up

No, not any additional flux. Just a really fine tip and 0.5mm organic core solder. Probably much easier with flux and maybe some wick.
Andreas
My first ever DIY synth module. I decided to go the hard way, nut buying any module for my first modular, but building all by myself.
I have never done any electronic stuff before.

Schematics are mostly from MFOS, but with LM3046/CA3046 (heated) instead of a tempco.
Schmatics and Board Layout was done in KiCad.
Board was made by JLCPCB.
Front Panels were made by Beta-Layout.de
Front panel Design (laser engraving) designed by me.

For a first module, not bad, I think.
Unfortunatly, i cant upload pics yet. Here is the imgur Url. Will post pics directly, when i‘m able to.
https://imgur.com/a/ude6ywq
Rob_C
Andreas wrote:
My first ever DIY synth module. I decided to go the hard way, nut buying any module for my first modular, but building all by myself.
I have never done any electronic stuff before.

(Andreas, I copied your pic from your Imgur account so everyone can see an image of your module; you can post all of them when you have privileges.)
Awesome build for your first DIY synth module!! Hope to see more.
Andreas
Thanks very much, Rob.
Designing and simulating the VCA now. :-)

Now i seem go be able to post pics here.
J3RK
That's going to be a beautiful system!

w00t
djthopa
My take on the baby 8 step sequencer.

Manual, jack and switch resets with different playmodes.

mome rath
Andreas wrote:
Thanks very much, Rob.
Designing and simulating the VCA now. :-)

Now i seem go be able to post pics here.

looks great!
Monkizzle
djthopa wrote:

Layout design is superb, visually rad and everything is in its place with lot of room for tweaking, pushing, switching, plugging, blinking. Props! nanners
djthopa
Monkizzle wrote:
djthopa wrote:

Layout design is superb, visually rad and everything is in its place with lot of room for tweaking, pushing, switching, plugging, blinking. Props! nanners

Thank you sir!

I think i could have moved the switches more to the sides, but its a lot of fun to play!!!

Cheers w00t
oldenjon
J3RK wrote:

Try drag soldering next time. Much much easier
Just another rookie

I’m pretty new here and to synths generally, I discovered this thread and thought I’d add my share.....although I feel I’m not quite up to the standards set here, this is my effort!

The zlob min eq was the first diy synth module I built, quickly followed by the bastl noise module. Then I took a mega jump and dived into the Erica delay which was a steep learning curve! There are more pics of this build but I dropped my phone and the screen could do with some repairs! So maybe I’ll get a chance to add these? Who knows.

I have a few more kits already, a reverb, a passive crossover? (Not sure the best way to describe that?) and an offset Attenuverter.

This is the final thing I built, analogue solutions business card.
I’m not sure what to do with the mod & sig bal trim pots but hey ho.....
It was fun tracking down the bits.
Bartelby
Got the bits together to build an attenuverter module from 5 Fonitronik boards.
So it's a Pentattenuverter

Grumble

OIP
so much awesome stuff in this thread god damn.

last week here -

couple of NLCs (divide and conquer + statues, both so great and hours of hihi already )

4 x vactrol gates

first attempt at SMD PCB design, a matrix mixer and 4x attenuverters

some, uh, bus boards (less glamorous.. stole the spray painting vero idea from a random LMNC video)

J3RK
oldenjon wrote:
J3RK wrote:

Yeah, I normally would have done it that way, but I don't have wick on hand at the moment to clean anything up with if I bridged something. Luckily I had a VERY pointy tip laying around, so I was able to hit each leg one at a time pretty decently.
justin3am
J3RK wrote:
oldenjon wrote:
J3RK wrote:

Yeah, I normally would have done it that way, but I don't have wick on hand at the moment to clean anything up with if I bridged something. Luckily I had a VERY pointy tip laying around, so I was able to hit each leg one at a time pretty decently.

I do a lot of hand soldering/rework of SMT parts at work and I often do SOIC parts with just a very fine tipped iron, one leg at a time. I do use a syringe of solder paste, though. Once you get the hang of it, that stuff is like magic! I also use a stereo microscope, which makes it very easy to spot and fix solder bridges.

I only do drag soldering with QFP parts and only use the hot air rework station for removing parts.
J3RK
justin3am wrote:
J3RK wrote:
oldenjon wrote:
J3RK wrote:

I do a lot of hand soldering/rework of SMT parts at work and I often do SOIC parts with just a very fine tipped iron, one leg at a time. I do use a syringe of solder paste, though. Once you get the hang of it, that stuff is like magic! I also use a stereo microscope, which makes it very easy to spot and fix solder bridges.

I only do drag soldering with QFP parts and only use the hot air rework station for removing parts.

Yeah, this actually wasn't TOO bad. It's definitely not as easy as SOIC. SOIC is as easy as DIP for me. That little SSOP though while not the worst thing in the world, was still pretty tricky. I imagine some magnification would have worked out nicely too eek! I soldered a bunch of SSI2164s on the same board after I did the 2144, and they felt absolutely huge after that one. lol
FetidEye

A new case build.
Cthulhu awaits..

What’s inside:
-CreepCluster Drone synth
-Circuitbenders.co.uk Voice Vandal clone, the Phonic Taxidernist.
-Extra audio input that bypasses the Drone synth.

Case:
-A solid block of Padouk wood. Hollowed out to make place for the potmeters and electronics.
-Tentacle engraving made with a lasercutter
-Ceramic tentacle knobs (made by my girlfriend). Blue/purple enameled.
thotgamma
I interested in modular and decided to build that in last year.
I had only digital circuit skills so it was hard way but finally I built some fundamental modules.
I have no friend who interested in modulars so I post image here.
I would be glad if you could reply for me. thanks.
roglok
thotgamma wrote:
I had only digital circuit skills so it was hard way but finally I built some fundamental modules.

well done! that is a beautiful and very unique panel design. did you create the circuits yourself?
thotgamma
roglok wrote:
thotgamma wrote:

well done! that is a beautiful and very unique panel design. did you create the circuits yourself?

thank you very much, roglok! Your words are encouraging for me.

>did you create the circuit yourself?

mostly yes. I copied some schematic but some part of schematic are my original.

attached image is my main board of vco(old version) currently I working on new version of it.

OIP
lovely design!
thotgamma
OIP wrote:
lovely design!

thanks!
I saw your post in this thread at Fri Sep 14, 2018. Your rack looks nice!
dhaillant
thotgamma wrote:

よおこそ!
これは美しなシンセサイザですよ。
かんぺき!

Welcome!
Your synth is beatiful!
uuav
Grumble wrote:

What is this ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next [all]
Page 31 of 34